With Toolset, you can easily create forms for registering new users from your site's front-end.
To allow users to register from the front-end you need to create a registration form and a page to hold it.
- Go to the Toolset → User Forms page and click to create a new form.
- In the form-creation wizard, give your form a name.
- Select the role of the user that the form will register.
- Select what happens after user submits a form. In this case, you might select to confirmation message.
- In the form editor, select which field you want to show in the form.
- If you prefer, you can select the options for auto-generating the username, password and nickname. These options are in the form editor’s right sidebar.
- Finally, set up the forms notifications. If password is auto-generated notifications are important because they allow you to send this password to the user’s email address.
- Finish the form wizard and the registration form is ready.
- Create or edit a page where users will be able to register.
- Insert the Form block and select the user registration form you just created.
When setting up a form for registering users, you can select what happens after the registration completes. Displaying a custom thank-you page allows you to welcome your new users in a custom, appealing way.
Use these steps:
- Create and design your thank-you page.
- Create a new form for registering users or edit an existing form.
- In the Settings section (step), use the After visitors submit this form dropdown and select the Go to a page… option.
- In the second dropdown that appears, select the thank-you page you created in the first step.
- Save the form (or finish the form-creation wizard).
That’s it! Now, when new users register using this form, they will be taken to your custom thank-you page.
Toolset forms look good and are responsive out-of-the-box. However, you might want to adjust their style to fit your website design even more.
Check out the detailed lesson to learn how to style Toolset forms.
Formulare für die Einsendung und Bearbeitung von Inhalten im Frontend