Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] MultiView Content Template

This support ticket is created vor 5 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Author
Artikel

==> Tell us what you are trying to do?

NEGOCIOS (businesses) custom post type have 5 main business types (mean that some of the mainly - Field Groups, will be separated, depending of business type, but front-end/single.php will be essentially the same). Accommodation specifics are mostly Rooms (with services, beds, ...), Gastronomy are mostly Menu (ingredients, services, ...), Services are mainly generalized Services, Shopping is manly Products and Mixed are Mixed.

Initial concept (idea) was to use 'nested repeatable groups' (NRG), but it looks that I should completely to switch to Types 2 as I found also some other issues (BUGS) related to 'repeaters'. Downgrade also bring lot of the problems as checkboxes are not available for conditional logic, what all lead to HUGE AMOUNT of 'nested child posts'. I have opened other tickets with essentially connected issues.

PROBLEM

Main problem in concept starts from real life situations that lot of the businesses are 'mixed'. Examples - Hotels with restaurants, Paper store (shopping) with services (copy), to not go further. There is also other type of 'mix' - several locations (ie - restaurants). Finally, 'combined mix' (both), as well.

I actually created 'raw' fields and now I should to start 'distribution'. Some should be changed depending of concept (selection to checkboxes - ie). I get vary simple idea how to do it easy with NRG, but it looks that I must to forgot for it. Now, I should to start to create all those (very simple/basic) custom post types (mostly with one field) and to 'chain' it (nest it), but contrary (to place it as parents, while NRG are nested as child's).

DILEMMA

1) NRG are also CPT (hidden). However, too many 'regular' ('chained') CPT will make the problem for site/page loads (and/or search) performances or not?

2) Main (business) CPT Content Template will 'suffer' from (ie) 10 'levels' of 'nested' post types (or not)?

Example (5 levels deep) - Negocio (Main = Content Template) > Hotel + Restaurant (2 secondary child CPT) > Rooms > Beds > Seasons (Prices)

3) How to display some mix? I thought to use Tabs, but I can't see that it is supported by Layouts and Content Templates. Is it?

==> Is there a similar example that we can see?

Yes. Most classifieds sites.

==> What is the link to your site?

Known to (most) supporters. Private link required.

1. The performance is mainly bound to the WordPress query.
Nesting as you mention if shouldn't affect the performance but probably the amount of queries for taxonomies, fields, conditional HTML and others, will.
Especially to consider performance is when you have a lot of content, then WordPress is already at it's peak due to the WordPress query.
But that would be the same with the RFG's approach

2. We do support Tabs in Toolset Layouts:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/tabs-cell/

It's a basic Bootstrap Tabs code, that you can use in form of a cell in Toolset Layouts.

Thanks a lot.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.