Skip Navigation

[Résolu] New blocks plugin with OceanWP ruins all styles and layouts

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 4 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
Without Blocks Installed : Activated.png
With Blocks Activated and No Boostrap Loaded.png

I am trying to: Use the new block plugins

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Has been removed due to issue

I expected to see: My site working correctly

Instead, I got: Upon activation of the new blocks plugin with OCEANWP installed, all my site styles are affected and the site doesn't show correctly. The issue 'can' be resolved by forcing toolset to load bootstrap 3, however then bootstrap overrides all my custom styling. There doesn't seem to be anyway of overriding whatever blocks is loading

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Can I get access to your site?

I'd like to take a copy to install locally to see if I can identify what's happening.

For some reason the debug info isn't showing whether you have Blocks or Views active.

If you switched over to Toolset Blocks instead of Views, as a very first step you could use Views 3.0 instead and see whether you have the same problem.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

What is a page that demonstrates the problem?

Nigel
Supporter

Am I right in thinking that your site currently doesn't use Views (or Blocks)?

The only Toolset plugin I found was Types.

So the problem happens when you install Blocks for the first time on the site, is that right?

Which page should I look at to see the problem?

The test site didnt use blocks or views, however ive now added blocks plugin and it creates the same error upon activation. Hopefully you may find a fix.

Nigel
Supporter

What page?

hidden link

The problem becomes apparent when inspecting on mobile / tablet devices

Ive noticed that for some reason, blocks is loading a css file called oceans-overrides which is setting my container to 100% max width, yet oceanwp default is 90% on mobiles and tablets. I shouldn't have to dequeue or override this file and im unsure why you would force inclusion of a file to override my default oceanwp styles?

Nigel
Supporter

OK, thanks for that, I'm just getting to this now, I'll check.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I confirm the same.

This actually predates Blocks.

For some time Toolset has had an integration layer with OceanWP (as well as a number of other themes).

I'm not sure why those style overrides were deemed necessary, but they are part of that integration, and would be added with older versions of Views, for example.

There is no setting to disable it, so you would either need to dequeue it or leave it in place (if you intend to use Toolset Blocks or Views on the site) and override individual style rules as required.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.