Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Intermediary field display and edit

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I would like to know how to edit an intermediary field, and how to display it from a related post.

Solution: You can turn on the field display in the settings menu of the Post Relationship editor panel. To display the field, use a Content Template to switch contexts to one of the posts in the M2M relationship. Then in the Content Template, use the Fields and Views button and the Post Selection tab to insert the field.

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?

In view aufgaben-in-ger-kompetenzen display intermediary field "schwerpunkt" from relationship ger-kompetenz-aufgabe. If field is empty, display [wpv-post-title] from AUFGABEN.

Also I need to know how to edit the content of the intermediary field, if updates are needed.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/types-views-beta/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link
place for intermediary is marked with ***

What is the link to your site?
same as before

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 2.19.19 PM.png

In view aufgaben-in-ger-kompetenzen display intermediary field "schwerpunkt" from relationship ger-kompetenz-aufgabe. If field is empty, display [wpv-post-title] from AUFGABEN.
WYSIWYG fields cannot be used in conditionals, so I'm not able to test if the field is empty:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/types-custom-fields-conditional-display/#simple-conditional-fields-logic
To display the intermediary field, use a Content Template to switch the context to the Schritt post. Then you can insert the Schwerpunkt field in the Content Template using the Post selection tab.

Also I need to know how to edit the content of the intermediary field, if updates are needed.
See the attached screenshot. You can enable the field in the settings menu. I already did this for you in the GER-Kompetenz post type.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.