Skip Navigation

[Résolu] if i activate wp-views i cant edit Divi in CPT of Toolset

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 mois et 4 semaines. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 13 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Waqar Il y a 5 mois et 1 semaine.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

if i activate wp-views i cant edit Divi in CPT of Toolset. - it show a critical error.

If i change Divi-Theme to default, not using child-theme, and i deactivate all plugins but wp-types, it works. When i go to activate wp-views - it dont work.

I activated the Divi-Theme-Option "activate Builder CPT" for this posttypes.

One Screenshot is with working Divi-Builder, second is with error and third Screenshot is Divi-Theme-Options CPT-Builder activation.

hidden link
for serverside restriction use:
user: admin
pass: E$6-uo2pbwmzdh

for backend:
hidden link

thx for helping - alex

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Do you see any error or warning, on the screen, in the browser's console or in the server's error log?

If not, I'll recommend temporarily turning WordPress debugging on and see if any errors/warnings are recorded in the server's error log.
( ref: https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ )

Let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I've performed some testing on my website, similar to your website's settings and here are my findings.

Currently, the two post types ('Objekte' and 'Projekte') are both set to use respective Toolset content templates, that are using the classic editor.

If you'd like to design the content/body part of these individual posts through the Divi builder, you can select the 'Divi Builder' editor button from the edit screen of those content templates.
( screenshot: hidden link )

This would mean that to edit the content in these content templates too, the Divi builder and not the classic editor will be used.

Another alternate if you'd like to keep using the classic editor for these templates, is to go to WP Admin -> Divi -> Theme Options -> Builder -> Advanced and uncheck the option for the 'Enable The Latest Divi Builder Experience'.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-02 um 09.22.44.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-02 um 09.21.48.jpg

Hi - thanks for answer me.

i would like to keep the classic editor - but this dont work ->

"Another alternate if you'd like to keep using the classic editor for these templates, is to go to WP Admin -> Divi -> Theme Options -> Builder -> Advanced and uncheck the option for the 'Enable The Latest Divi Builder Experience'."

results in Look at the Screenshot - divi Builder wont load (i deactivated the debug).

thx for helping - best regards - alex

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing this update.

The results are different on your website than what I observe on my test website. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of it, to test it on a different server?

hi,

can i give you ftp access?

i do a tar-ball with DB incl. here -> hidden link

best regards - alex

hi - did you find a hint? -> i dont find anything..

thx - alex

Waqar
Supporter

Just wanted to update you that I'm still working on this.

I'm running some tests on your website's clone and will share the findings, as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, while I completed the testing around this.

On a couple of a different test servers, I was able to edit the custom post types using the Divi Builder, without any difficulty.

The only time the loading of editor would fail, is when I set the 'PHP max input variables' in the PHP settings to a lower value, same as your server.

Here are the steps, that I'll recommend:

1. Please increase the 'PHP max input variables' in the PHP settings to higher value of about 4000-5000.
( ref: hidden link )

2. Temporarily deactivate all cache and code optimization plugins.

3. Update WordPress, theme and plugins to the latest versions.

4. Once the Divi builder is loading fine, you can activate any disabled plugins.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-11-13 um 10.27.15.jpg

Hi, - its not working - i do all 4 Steps you wrote. Then i changed all PHP Version from 8.2. to 8.1, 7.4.x - nothing happens

the problem must be in content-template - if i disable the use of content-template use for "objekte" (screenshot) it works. - I dont have an idea to work with it - from content-tempate i removed also all code/css but it does not help. only the disabling in screenshot works..

thx and please have one look again on my fault 😉 - best regard - alex

Waqar
Supporter

Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on this.

Will share the detailed findings with you today.

thx

Hi, now, this week i need this to give it to my clients 😉 - thx for helping - best regards - alex

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, while I completed some more tests.

When I checked your staging website, I noticed that Toolset plugins are WordPress were still not updated to the latest versions.

I've downloaded a fresh duplicator package from your website and deployed it on one of the online test servers:
hidden link
( you can access this website's admin area through the same user details as the staging website )

After installing the clone, I only performed these steps:

1. Updated all plugins to the latest versions.

2. Updated WordPress to the latest version.

3. Disabled the option 'Enable The Latest Divi Builder Experience' from WP Admin -> Divi -> Theme Options -> Builder -> Advanced, as suggested in my earlier message.

As a result, I'm able to edit 'Objekte' and 'Projekte' post types through the Divi builder.

Please feel free to test this using your own admin user as well as the one that you shared with me. And also repeat the same steps on your staging and production websites.

I hope this helps and let me know if you still see something out of place.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.