Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Error After Latest Update

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Pages templates aren't being loaded after Toolset Layouts plugin update

Solution:
- As a basic step, and to figure out the problem cause, disable all non-Toolset plugins and activate a default theme like "Twentyfifteen" then test the issue.

- If you figured out which plugin/theme causes the conflict, please open a new ticket and mention your findings

- For the currently displaying issue, it was a problem with the template loading order

- For example, this filter has a priority (99) add_filter('template_include', array('Roots_Wrapping', 'wrap'), 99);

- Increasing 99 to higher value solved the issue. But this is a special case of this theme.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 22 réponses, has 4 voix.

Last updated by Jo4nny8 Il y a 8 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 09.32.34.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 09.32.25.png

If i try to update to the latest versions of Layouts, Views Etc that were released yesterday, they completely break my site.

It seems that there're bypassing my stylesheets or something for some reason.

Is this a known issue that others have reported?

This happened on my main site, which a rolled back the updates, however it also happens on my development machine too.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

No user yet reported such issue but I will try to help you as fast and effective as possible and keen to debug your issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
1)
After reviewing debug information you shared with me I found that you are using PHP version 5.5.32. Could you please update PHP and MySQL as WordPress it self says that minimum PHP version is required is version 5.6 or greater.
=> https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

2)
If #1 does not help:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3)
If #2 does not help:
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thank you for your reply.

Ok so I've updated my development area to php 5.6.1 and the issue still remains.

The issue is obviously between toolset and my theme as if i merely change to the default theme it works fine.

I would love to give you access to my site but i have no idea how to do it on my development area. Im using mamp pro for MAC and running it as localhost. I do know that camp pro does allow external access but I'm not too technical so might have to find another way of looking at it.

I can't use my normal site unless thats the only option.

Ive actually found the issue in some respects. Ive just deactivated all toolset plugins and then reactivated them 1 by 1. The issue is with the new layouts plugin.
Im running a custom theme (no framework). The original theme is roots from roots.io.

Ill try and see if i can find a reason why this is happening but would appreciate some pointers.

Minesh
Supporter

As you are using a custom theme I do not know what changes you have made and unfortunately, its beyond the scope of our support policy to help you with such custom edits.

I hope you find the culprit very soon.

Thats really disappointing to hear considering the fact that layouts and toolset is meant to be universal. Ive used types for a number of years now and never had an issue, purchased the full toolset and now the support is basically not interested unless I'm using your provided themes.

Are you able to advise me what changes have been made in the latest update of layouts in the backend of layouts that might be able to point me int he right direction?

Minesh
Supporter

I do not want to see you disappointed. On following link you can find changelog.
=> https://toolset.com/download/toolset-layouts/#changelog

To debug your issue further, I need temporary access details as well as problem URL where I can reproduce your issue.

I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately FTP access details are not working at this end. Could you please resend it to me.

bureport.png

We had a similar issue and I am trying to report it as a bug, but can't find a way to do that. It affected every site on which we run Toolset (more than a dozen), so it isn't a theme problem.

We had created a number of custom post types and allowed them to be associated with categories which we used to filter and display them. The most recent version of Types disables the categories. If you open a custom post to edit it, the categories widget has disappeared and the site will no longer recognize the categories. If the custom post was tagged with a category, it will not display.

If you open the custom type from the types menu, the categories button is still checked, but you have to hit Save on every custom type to get them to recognize the categories again. Once you do, your posts should load normally.

Minesh
Supporter

I've escalated your ticket to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with yu as soon as possible.

@michaelt-3:
Could you please open a new ticket so we can address your issue.

Is there any answer to this. Ive had to put the website back in maintenance mode due to it being a duplicate of my production site and google had picked up the duplicate content.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please send us 1:1 copy of your site. You can do that by following next steps.

+ You can download the Duplicator plugin from here
=> http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and a fresh package.

# Duplicator instruction
+ From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
+ Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
+ Chose "Packages"
+ Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
+ Give it a name or leave it as is
+ Click on "Create Package Set"
+ Wait until the package is ready
+ Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
+ Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

Ive got the packages on my google drive, how do i send them to you? Or do you want to log in to local-handy-man.co.uk with the credentials provided and download them yourself?

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please share a link from where I should be able to download your zip?

Hello John,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've downloaded your website locally and started working on the issue.
Please wait and I will get back to again.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.