Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Woocommerce product category on a page/post

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Is it possible to use the woocommerce custom taxonomy "Product Category" on a regular custom post type or page?

Solution:

Unfortunately this is not possible as this is a special taxnonomy meant to be only used with woocommerce products.

So you are not able to use the Product Categories taxonomy and add it to a page. You will need to create a new taxonomy in order to add it to a page.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by tony Il y a 6 années et 9 mois.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: allocate a Woocommerce product category to a page/post

Can this be done? - I checked the product category to allocate it to a page and post but cannot see the taxonomy in page/post edit/

It looks like product category is hidden.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tony,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately this is not possible as this is a special taxnonomy meant to be only used with woocommerce products.

So you are not able to use the Product Categories taxonomy and add it to a page. You will need to create a new taxonomy in order to add it to a page.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane - I thought this might be the case. I am new to Woocommerce and am checking what can and cannot be done to tailor it to meet client requirements.

Tony