Skip Navigation

[Résolu] What will we get with Gutenberg?

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 5 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

Not so much a request but an inquiry regarding Gutenberg and usability. I am currently fairly ambivalent about Gutenberg as it doesn't cater for all the workflows that I can achieve with the current editor, most important of these the ability to arrange metaboxes and those of group fields and the standard WordPress boxes for featured images etc. into any arrangement I want on the back end editor.

I have tested the Gutenberg implementations for archive views and templates and so far not bad. But, it would be good to know what's in store in the future. What other tings will we get and will they address the flexibility I described above.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually I dont have any documents to show whats next but we do have some documentation on the features that we do offer with the Gutenberg editor.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-toolset-plugins-work-with-gutenberg/

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

One other thing I have noticed.

I am doing an evaluation of ACF and I see has group fields where, from what I can tell You can arrange the fields into rows and tables and adjust the field widths in the metaboxes. Would be nice in toolset.

Also I notice that the latest 5 version of ACF metabox can be moved in and out of the sideabr in Gutenberg. I believed that this was a Gutenberg bug but it looks like third party plugin maker need to implement something to correct the behaviour. Not to bothered with Gutenberg myself. It needs a lot of work and the fact that the default WordPress metabox controls such as Featured image can’t be moved at all is a big minus.

I already pitched the same to Amir on the recent blog post:

https://toolset.com/2018/09/types-views-and-forms-with-yoast-seo-compatibility-and-custom-code-support/

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Stephen,

I know that there are improvements to be made so this could be something that is on the list of improvements for our Types plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.