Skip Navigation

[Résolu] View Sliders are not sliding

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Views Sliders, wether manual or automatic, are not sliding aynmore. Instead a blank result is the output on sliders after the first slide item.

Solution:
1. The problem can be related to the GET limit defined in the server, by default some servers define it to 1024 in Max Query String Size. Increasing this might solve the issue

2. It also can be also

mod_security

There are some rules that spam the Views pagination URL because of the length.
Deactivating the module just to test is a good option.
Example:

suhosin.get.max_value_length=1000
This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 26 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by timB Il y a 7 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

As suspected this works just fine locally.

I suspect a Server issue.

It is very possible that the request URL is too long and not allowed by your Server, or other "get" permissions

Please can you try to contact your Server Admin and elaborate to them this problem.
(Since you administrate this yourself, please carefully review your Server Settings)

You may mention, on a Local Install, the same Site is working just fine.

NOTE:
Of course I had to do the changes I mentioned which are:
- no %placeholder% in Post Types rewrites
- Resave Permalinks
- I removed your Custom HTML And CSS as the Plugins needed to be disabled for the tests but this is not the issue here.

You may also check if SECURITY plugins or server settings are writing things to .htaccess

I apologize, that this site you sent me is working like a charm locally, I also tried to create new Posts and Images + Views and found no issues.

Thank you

Thank you Beda. I need to act with urgency now because the client is becoming impatient.

It would help me if you could please direct me to precisely what has changed in Toolset Views from the last verion to make this happen. The site has been hosted on this server with its current confuguration for 3 years without any problems.

I will make the necessary changes on the server but I don't know what they are unless you can tell me this.

Thank you
Tim

I apologize the delay here.

1. The problem can be related to the GET limit defined in the server, by default some servers define it to 1024 in Mas Query String Size. Increasing this might solve the issue

2. It also can be also mod_security
There are some rules that spam the Views pagination URL because of the length.
Deactivating the module just to test is a good option.

3. We have had clients, they shared the following workaround by changing a php.ini line to:

suhosin.get.max_value_length=1000

Please let me know if any of the above applies to your specific server.

Thank you

I applied the tests on the server but the issue is still not resolved I'm afraid.
I have therefore had to change the slider views in this site to fixed images.
This occurred following a Views plugin update, so I am hoping a future update will resolve it again.
T

Did you also apply the changes required as described here?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/view-sliders-are-not-sliding/page/2/#post-390858

What we can do at this point is, populate a Test Server with your Website.

This Test Server will be provided at no cost by us.

You would populate it with a Duplication of the faulty website and if the issue is reproducible, we will pass the thing to the Developers to have a look, but as according to my local test, this works fine with the related changes and (since on local host) no server Side restrictions.

Would you agree to this Process?

I positive case, can you answer me here and I will let the Server Admins set up the proper Test ground for you.

You will then receive a Email with the related login details and populate the Server.

After you are done, you would update me here and I will look int it again.

Thank you

Hi Beda

I managed to get the News Slider working on the homepage of the site (bottom left) just by unchecking the box to " Don't include current page in query result" ... Its odd because this query setting wasn't applicable to any of the results anyway, and it had been working fine before the recent upgrade.

I still can't get the other sliders working however, and there seems no logical reason for why they should stop so suddenly.

So yes, please can you set me up with the duplicate of the site on another server. I would like to investigate that.

Many thanks
Tim

You will receive a Email with all details soon.

We are also planning some changes in the request URI length in future Views Releases.
It might help in your case here too.

As soon you received the Email with the instructions please deploy your Site on the server and update me here.

Thank you

Thanks Beda
I have received the login credentials now.
I will create an installation of the newtonwaterproofing.co.uk site there for testing purposes.

Best wishes
Tim

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Beda is on holiday today. This is Minesh here to help you further.

Once you setup test site please share access details here. I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

As I already have the Login details, there is no need to send me them again

Just let me know once you're done with replicating the Website

Thank you

Sure, don't hurry.

Make sure you test it all out and then you can get back at me.

By default, this Site will be on for 4 weeks, but of course, we strive to solve the issue earlier than that.
Just so you know, you have time to deploy the site, we are not pushing you, as we know you will have other tasks and daily life going on as well 🙂

Let me know once ready.

Hi Beda

Thank you - I resolved the issue and have no need for the replication test site you kindly set up for us. In the end, the issue was resolved by changing the suhosin.get_max_value_length to 1000 on the server. But your test site gave us the opportunity to fix a couple of other problems on the site too.

Many thanks to Toolset once again.
Keep up the great work...!
Best wishes
Tim

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.