Skip Navigation

[Résolu] View Sliders are not sliding

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Views Sliders, wether manual or automatic, are not sliding aynmore. Instead a blank result is the output on sliders after the first slide item.

Solution:
1. The problem can be related to the GET limit defined in the server, by default some servers define it to 1024 in Max Query String Size. Increasing this might solve the issue

2. It also can be also

mod_security

There are some rules that spam the Views pagination URL because of the length.
Deactivating the module just to test is a good option.
Example:

suhosin.get.max_value_length=1000
This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 26 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by timB Il y a 7 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications
stuck-slider.png

I am trying to: Get my sliders working again after the recent upgrade.
See these pages;
hidden link
and
hidden link
For example...

I visited this URL:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/random-featured-image-view-sliders-have-all-stopped-working-recently/

I expected to see: The sliders work again after I edited my .htaccess file to remove all interference from the Wordfence plugin (recently introduced)

Instead, I got: They still don't work

Is this a known problem, or can you help me to fix it asap please?

Thank you
Tim

The Thread you mention isn't the same issue, if you see Malden's reply, it's about a 403 forbidden, while your console error shows me a 404 not found.

That means, your content isn't found.

1. Are you sure you are on the very latest Toolset versions?
There where several Bugs in pagination but all solved with Views 2.0 and Types 2.0.1

2. Have you updated WordPress to 4.5 as well?

A 404 not found usually is pretty clear a non existent content.

Since you mention only the Update caused this, I must ask, do you query things in your View that are set by "current post" in the Views Query?

As example a taxonomy set by current post, or similar.
Then, please consider this errata:
https://toolset.com/errata/taxonomy-term-filter-current-post-not-work-updating/

There are more errata, but I don't think they are related here:
https://toolset.com/errata/

If all above doesn't help please also try this steps:

1. Head to the Queried Post Type hat generates your slider content

2. On the Admin Post list, mark all posts and Bulk Edit them

3. Do not add any changes and simply hit save/update

4. Also re-save all Custom Field Groups present in this Post Type and the Post Type itself.

If then the issue isn't solved, please ensure that a minimal Setup with Toolset only is not solving the problem.

If not, I would eventually also need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Views Edit Screen

- The Page/Post where you insert the View

- The corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Thank you

I need to test this with a minimal install on your end, as it's working on my end.

Am I allowed to switch the Theme (which is outdated) and disable all not related Plugins?

I can not debug a Toolset issue, with 59 active plugins on site. This issue is most probably due to a conflict, as not replicable locally

I am logged in now, if possible can you confirm as soon as possible?
I can not do this, without a clear conformation or permit from you.

You could also provide me a sites snapshot if I can not make the changes online.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you

Hi Beda

Please don't switch themes just yet.
I have updated the themes but that has caused another problem with the layering of the logo in the header...

Please bear with me while I sort this out first.
Thanks
Tim

It is your Filter "Post where this View is shown"
If you remove it, the Slider works.

This means, there is a problem with the parent/child relation of the Posts.

I see this 5 Posts as child of the current Post there (Application)

All are correctly saved as Child to the Parent Application.

It is unexpected that the content is is not "found" (E 404)

I need to create a dummy application post, and some Childs to it, to see if this works as expected.

As mentioned, this is a highly customized setup with lots of Plugins and a 3rd Party outdated Theme
Too much room for conflicts. I need to do this on a minimal setup

Can you confirm I can go ahead on the live site, or provide me with a Duplication?

Thank you

Ups, our Posts criss crossed each other.

I re-enable the Private forms and guarantee I have not made any changes or disabled anything, don't worry.
As mentioned, I am not allowed to do this, without your explicit permit.

Thank you

Thanks Beda

I am in the process of creating a duplicate installation on a different domain. We can't work on the live site during such busy times.

Bear with me and I'll get back to you shortly
Tim

Hi again Beda

OK we have a duplicate site now -
Please drop me request for private details and I will forward to you.

Thanks
Tim

I am reenabling the private form

Please acknowledge that this form os valid only for one reply a time 🙂

Thank you for your patience and collaboration

OK so far, I can tell this is not due to AJAX pagination or whatsoever.

Paginating on your Website is impossible

Ye can see the result of a very minimal View here:
hidden link

No content template, no AJAX, not nothing fancy, even URL update of the View, and simply, always the first image is returned

We are sure we find all items, you can see that in the Count I added to the View.

The View works fine, something is impeding to return images or posts.

1. I can see your URL (slugs) are modified.
(%applicationtype%)
You hav done this in Toolset > Post Types > your_post_type > Edit, and this is not allowed.
Those rewrite settings are to Prepend things, not to use as Placeholders.

2. If you did the same to your Child Post Types, please also remove that there, so to have a clean and basic setup

3. After, set a native Permalink structure and re-save it.

4. Make sure, NO Cache is running anywhere (also server side)

5. Let me know your server Provider (WP Engine?)

For now I can not solve the issue.
The issue is not present on a local install, and not due to any setting or the view itself, but to some permissions on getting content or content itself not found due to the renaming of content (slug)

You might need to re-save all posts after you adjust all this

If then the issue still persist, I will login again

BTW; I re-installed Toolset already and made sure we are dealing more or less with a minimal setup.
If possible, leave this as is for now, for the tests.

Thank you

Thank you Beda

I'm sorry but I am having some difficulty understanding you.
However, I do understand your reference to the URL slugs. This has never been a problem before, so I don't understand why it is now.

Also - the homepage is affected. And this just a pure page, with a different filter. It gets the featured image of the selected post types for which the custom field 'include' has been checked.

(see hidden link)

How come it shows the first image in the slideshow but not the others?

I don't want to change all the permalinks and resave them all until I know this, please. Otherwise, we are not solving the root problem.

Thank you
Tim

I meant, can you tell me your Hosting Provider?
Is it WP Engine?

I ask this because with WP Engine (and also other Hosters) you will have advanced Cache settings server side, which will conflict with Views.

And the issue you experience is somehow related to your Server, I can not see any other difference to my Localhost.
(and there, and on many other User's websites, this things work just fine)

The URL Slug rewrite problem is known since some time, we updated the GUI in regard and will update it more, to make clear, this should not be using any form of %%Placeholders%% but only prepends/slug.

I created a Simple View and Test page (Toolset Test View and Toolset Test Page)

The featured image is slided there, and it actually tries to get the next image, but the slider disappears after paginating.

No 404 or any other error is returned anymore.

But it still does not work.

At this point, it can only be a Server issue. Many things can be the cause. Access Rules in .htaccess, Server cache, and many others.

I must ask for a Duplication of this Site.

I apologize this is taking long, but we do not see this issue on any other Client's site anymore and locally it's irreproducible

Can you send me a Snapshot of either the test Site or the Life Site?

I will deploy it locally, and hopefully we will see what is the difference here

I apologize again, this is tedious, but to solve it I must follow this process, there is no more effective way at the moment to solve this.

I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you for the collaboration

All I see in the FTP is a ".ftpquota" file

Do I miss anything?

I can not even see a WordPress install

Thank you

Hi Beda

Sorry for the difficulty... it could be the ftp wasn't set up correctly.
Please try using username toolset@newtonwaterproofing.co.uk instead (without the 1)

Thanks
Tim

Downloading packages.

Updating as soon I have results.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.