Skip Navigation

[Transféré au 2e niveau] Using the Repeating Field / Gallery I'd like to show Alt text below the image

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 3 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
firefox_2020-03-18_23-06-58.png
firefox_2020-03-18_22-53-24.png

Using the Repeating Field / Gallery I'd like to show the Alt or Title text below the image (not just on hover).

Also the larger image on my example the Alt text never changes, i.e. only one of the image's Alt text is ever displayed. The thumbnails are fine and on hover display the correct Alt text.

Many thanks for any help.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

I'm afraid there is no such option, to add something like a caption overlay, when using the repeating fields block to create a slider.

You can submit a request for it here: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

An option would be to not use Blocks to create the slider and choose some JS slider library to help create one where you had more control, including the ability to show captions.

I did test the issue with the tooltip which shows the wrong title for the large image on all but the first image, and I'm reporting that as a bug. I'll let you know when there is news of a fix.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Lindsay

The tooltip issue is fixed with today's plugin update, please let me know if you still see a problem.

firefox_2020-05-12_09-31-49.png
firefox_2020-05-12_09-31-30.png

Hi Nigel... just updated.

Seem to still have a problem. Cleared cache etc.

The large image just retains the tooltip of the first image loaded.

Many thanks, Lins

Nigel
Supporter

With the plugin update the slider (and gallery) functionality of the Repeating Fields / Gallery block got split out into their own blocks, and you should have been prompted to convert/update.

Did you do that?

The block generating your slider should now be a Slider block.

Now, I just did some testing before replying to you, and found that the tooltips seem to have disappeared altogether.

I'm sending that back to the developer.

The new Slider block also allows adding captions to static images, but not dynamic images (your original question), which makes no sense to me so I'm pushing to see if we can add that.

Yes, I was prompted to convert and I did. And like you found that the tooltips have disappeared altogether.

Thanks for your help.

Nigel
Supporter

The tooltips won't be coming back, we'll be adding support for the captions instead.

I expect them in the next version of Blocks (not the hotfix update due early next week).

I'll let you know when I know for sure.