Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Using Bootstrap Modals is Seemingly Causing Views to Crash or Fail to Load

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 32 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Dave Il y a 4 années et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I work with WordPress daily, trust me I have an internet connection.

I've been retrying it periodically and it has just started working again in the last ten minutes.

Regardless, I'll try and sort this out on the sandbox and report back

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Glad to know it works again. Please feel free to update us.

Ok, as for an update, there is no module manager in the test site so I can't upload the module I'm working on and doing just about anything, including trying to load the plugin page and add a plugin is giving me a ten plus minute wait whilst the browser claims in it "Waiting for an available socket".

This is proving almost impossible to work with as in three hours I have achieved nothing with this test site.

Can we focus any tests on my existing site please as it is bare apart from toolset anyway and it actually loads when you expect it to. You are free to do anything you like with it but so far we have gotten no where in over a week with this support thread and I would like to get things resolved as easily as possible and I'm sure you would too.

Minesh
Supporter

I know its frustrating thing but as I already demonstrated with sandbox site that with minimum installation the modal popup is just working fine. If you want I can setup another brand new sandbox site for you where you should tell me what plugins you need and I will setup and then from there you should take it over and check. Let me know if you need brand new sandbox site.

I simply wanted to try and import the module I've made containing all of the bits of this problem, so Toolset Modules is all I was looking for. So if a new sandbox with all of toolset and nothing else installed is all I am trying to achieve.

But you keep focusing on the modal aspect and I have never said that modals do not work, it is calling a cred from from a Modal, or cred forms in general that are causing this.

Minesh
Supporter

When I say popup, Yes, I mean Form added to popup.

I installed and activated Module manager plugin to this sandbox site:
=> hidden link

So, now you can add your modules to it.

Waiting for Socket.png

Fair enough bud, just so long as we're talking about the same thing.

I'd love to upload the module but just about everything I do spends ten plus minutes "Waiting for available socket..."

I've now wasted just about the entire afternoon trying to simply use your sandbox, so I think it's understandable that I'm getting annoyed as it just doesn't seem to work, and before it is asked, the rest of the internet is working perfectly find for me.

This is not a workable solution as it simply doesn't seem to function.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - I suggest then you should setup a test site and check with minimum installation by deactivating all third-party plugins one by one.

I don't mean to appear rude here, but I have said on several occasions that this IS a test site and my first post clearly outlined that it is running ONLY Toolset plugins.

This is why I have asked several times for you to just dig however you like into the existing one. This site is being used for module testing and development, nothing else. That is the whole point.

I'll make this very clear:

There is nothing running apart from Toolset.
This is a test site.
The issue arises calling cred edit forms from a modal.
All of Toolset crashes.
We have spent more than a week going round in circles.

Can we please actually address this problem now?

Minesh
Supporter

I've created the following test page:
=> hidden link

The above page lists the Gift lists and the associated Gifts belongs to Gift list.

I've cteated the following views:
=> hidden link
=> hidden link

The view "gifts-belongsto-giftlist" holds the popup and that popup holds the edit post form you created.
=> hidden link

Now, click on any popup button and you will be able to see the edit form.

I've been messing around with what you have set up and I'm sorry to say it, but I do not see what this proves.

I have said from the start that all of the parts work, including modals and links, and all your view does is load a modal which contains a link that redirects to a default edit page, not a cred form in a modal.

If I am missing something here I apologise, but I cannot see how this relates to the original problem and we are no closer to understanding why Toolset crashes in the circumstances I originally outlined.

I have however put the loop layout from my current gifts on list view into the view you made and it doesn't crash, but it will only open the first modal on the page despite the fact I had numerous loading previously, so long as it was in turn as the version of Bootstrap you are running in Toolset doesn't support stacked modals.

So I am no closer to understanding this. I had all of the functionality perfectly setup, I simply want to know why it is crashing as none of the debug data I can access is giving me anything to work with. Do you have any further ideas on insights into what is causing this we can explore?

Minesh
Supporter

I know when you see something not working its frustrating but I tried to setup a demo so demonstrate first that edit form in modal popup is working. To test this we need to go step by step.

Now, when you say stacked modal, will you able to setup basic test where I can see stacked modals so that way we can investigate and at last after checking that stacked modal I can better able to guide you in the right direction.

Can you please setup basic stacked modal test and send me the link to review and I will check from there.

That's absolutely fair enough bud, I understand that and I'm sure you see where I'm coming from.

I'll setup a simpler test and get back to you tomorrow when it's sorted.

I've written a stripped back version and put it in a view on the Toolset Test Page and it is basically working. I haven't messed with the PHP behind the processing after submission, but barring not closing the Information modal box when loading the number bought question, it is all loading fine. 4 modals, all playing nicely with a bit of JS.

hidden link

I'll keep digging tomorrow but at the moment I'm not sure what is different as all of the processing elements are exactly the same! Is it possible that some part of the html structure is causing this? I've dragged them all out and found nothing, but now it seems to work without most of the body.

I'll keep working on it and I'd appreciate your thoughts as well bud.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok great and glad to know that now it is working. That is why I asked you to take things step by steps. - Please let me know how it goes.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.