Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Updating to Views 3.5.2 breaks my site. Restored site twice, same.

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by jeffS-2 Il y a 2 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:
Update to Views 3.5.2, also with Types 3.4.9 and Forms 2.6.9. All updates appear to execute successfully.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Site won't display.

I expected to see:
Site working normally after update.

Instead, I got:
Pages display whatever is part of the page template, but no content is displayed from Views. So, all but 2 pages have a blank content area.

I restored the site and re-downloaded Views 3.5.2, with same result. Twice.
Wondering if any related issue was fixed in 3.5.3.

(WordPress 5.4.6)
Jeff
–––––––

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Jeff and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

This sounds like a compatibility conflict that triggers a fatal error and crashes the site. Please try the following in a staging site, check if the update crashes the site when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty-Twenty. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

While trying this, please activate PHP debugging, it may reveal what component is causing this issue.
https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

If this does not help find out the cause of the issue, I'll need to migrate your website into our platform and check it there to exclude any possible hosting issues. If you agree, I am setting your next reply will be private to let you share credentials for your website safely. I'll install a plugin to perform the migration.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.