Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Toolset maps distance Unit should only be Kilometers

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by rubenB Il y a 5 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: set default_unit to "KM" (default_unit="KM") to have no dropdown with "MI" miles, because in Germany we do not use miles.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Only "km" without dropdown (with "mi").

Instead, I got: Dropdown with "km" and "mi"

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - the thing is that the distance radius and radius unit (km,mi) is displayed using the placeholder %%DISTANCE%% as you can see with the following shortcode:

[wpv-control-distance default_unit="mi" compare_field="stud-city" distance_center_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_center" distance_radius_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_radius" distance_unit_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_unit" inputs_placeholder="Show results within %%DISTANCE%% of %%CENTER%% here you go"]

The only way I would suggest is using jQuery to remove unwanted distance unit option from the radius unit (km,mi) dropdown - sounds good?

You should try to add the following code to "Search and Pagination" sections Js box of your view to remove the km option.

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
$('select[name="toolset_maps_distance_unit"] option[value="km"]').remove();
});

Thanks. It works. But it was MILES, we do not need in Germany.

But it is still a select. Could me remove this? Do we use this UNIT or is it possible to remove this select and the search will know it is kilometers to show and calculate?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

well - when you add your distance filter - you need to make sure within the "Query Filter" section of your view that the filter is set to filter by km rather than mi.

You can use the following simple Js to hide the dropdown:

jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {

jQuery('#toolset-maps-distance').hide();

});
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 12.01.10 pm.png

Thanks Minesh and Martin! I think this is most common not to require more confusing dropdowns.

This script then needs to add 'km after the #toolset-maps-distance input, for it to make sense to users.

Sorry I don't know how to do this myself, I tried:

jQuery('#toolset-maps-distance').hide().after("km");

But thats outputting 'km' twice!

Any tips? sorry don't get js

Oh just putting this function in the footer solves the issue, rather than inside the 'search and pagination' editor. All sorted!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.