Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Many To Many Release and how it affects existing installs

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem

I have an existing install of Toolset and want to upgrade to the latest "Many To Many" release.
How can I proceed?

Solution

If you did not use any Toolset related custom code applied to post relationships, you can just upgrade, the Plugin will take care of the migration.

Certain Custom Code will even be handled automatically - so you do not need to update that either if you used some Code.

The best is, if you used Custom Code, to contact us and ask us to assist with the migration.

We then take a quick look and instruct you how to proceed.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by rodneyM Il y a 6 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

Migration from Toolset’s parent/child relationships to the new relationships
"I have an active website with several parent/child relationships which was created in 2015 with Toolset. Do I have to change code using the API as I am reluctant in case the site fails. I am not a programmer that is why I used Toolset and once I got it working, apart from basic upgrades I have not altered any internal coding. To be honest this change which sounds great scares me a little as a lot of people rely on the site working for them."
Dario replied
"Hi, Rodney! It is really hard to tell without taking a look at your site\'s code, but the site should probably be fine. However, as you say, a lot of people rely on the site, so I would suggest opening a ticket in our forum and asking our supporters for advice. After looking at the site/code, they will know more. There is still time before this version gets officially released, so I think it is very good that you are thinking about this now. We have enough time to take a look together and make sure your site keeps running just the way you made it to."

Well, since you did not make any changes to your Code, means, you did not add any Custom PHP interacting with the Types API, you do not need to change anything.

Everything that was created and handled in the WP Admin using the Toolset GUI will be taken care of automatically when the Plugin updates.

Only Custom Code (means to code in PHP written somewhere in your theme), that uses the Types API, must be adapted eventually.

What I can do, if you provide me with a copy of your site, is look thru your active Theme's code to see if there is no trace of our API.

I will then feedback to you with instructions.

Unfortunately I cannot use Duplicator, I have tried this in the past and failed and I even purchased the Pro version but on speaking with the service provider they said it would not work.

I could send you the files direct from the site and a copy of the database or I could set up a guest account.

You can as well use "All In One WP Migration":
hidden link

Or, you can simply get a dump of your database and a copy of the public_html folder.
Then please zip both of them and upload them to the Google Drive, so you can share them with "anyone who has this link".

Thank you.

Thank you for the copy of your site.

There are some PHP errors on the website:

( ! ) Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/stable/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/base-admin.class.php on line 71

They are not related to Toolset, I suggest to contact the Developers of "revslider" plugin.

I analysed the currently installed themes as that is where you'd have added code if you used any.

I did not see any custom code referencing any Toolset API.

You should be safe to update, without altering any code.

In any case, before you update any plugins, please be sure to have a valid backup at hand, in case something goes wrong.

thanks
I got similar error messages in setting up a clone site but realised the php version of the new one was 7 instead of 5.6 in the original, when changed backwards the clone is now working fine.

I am going to try and get rid of the theme and just use a basic theme with Layouts, would the Toolset starter theme be good enough to use or do you recommend any other. The problem with the existing theme is during printing.

I will be trying the upgrade out on the clone first.
Thanks again

Honestly, I do not recommend the Toolset Starter theme at the moment.

Toolset Starter will force you to use Toolset Layouts everywhere, you will have no choice but to use Toolset Layouts if Layouts is active.
Now, with this theme, for example, you still will have that choice, but this theme is not under our Support Umbrella:
hidden link

If you install that and look at its code though you will be able to build your own minimal Theme from scratch, or just build on top of the one I linked above.
I created it, but I do not support it here in this forum, nor do other supporters, as this is not an OnTheGoSystems product, but just a helper for people who want to create a fully integrated Toolset Theme with a simple base, on their own.

Maybe you also can have a look at these themes here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

They are, in my opinion, good if you really like one of their designs in special.
But if you plan to have a slim site, with as much control as possible, I really suggest giving the Minimax theme above a shot.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.