Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Submitting/editing content with CRED when layout is assigned to display CTP

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 12 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 4 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I noticed the following issue when I submit/edit custom post type with CRED, when I assign a layout to this post (as a template for multiple pages):
- the new/edited CTP doesn't conform to the Theme Options: in my case I use GeneratePress and I have Sidebar Layout set to Sidebar / Content. This only works when I update the post from WP admin. I did some tests on database and I found that the post submitted via CRED doesn't have "_generate-sidebar-layout-meta" entry (in my case with "left-sidebar" meta_value), which appears when the post is updated in WP back-end. I removed/added it manually and this was responsible for the issue. I'm not sure it the issue refers to other settings from the Theme Options section of the layout.

Hi, I see what you're describing. I can replicate this with GeneratePress, CRED, Layouts, Views and Types active. Let me reach out to my 2nd tier support team to see if this is a known issue, or if it's something we can fix. I'll update you when I have some additional information to share.

Hi Christian, cool, thanks.

I noticed that the changes made to the layout Theme Options, say the layout assigned to pages, are not reflected straight away when I visit a page. Only after I edit and update the page I see changes introduced to the layout Theme Options (at least I am testing now Disable Elements settings).

While I think both of these stem from the same problem, I have split the other comment into a new ticket. I will keep this ticket focused on the CRED portion of the problem, and I will use the other ticket to address the issue that Layout Theme Options are not applied to posts until those posts are edited in wp-admin.

Hi, our team is going through old tickets and we had found that this issue seems to be resolved in the most recent releases of the theme and Toolset plugins. Please update to the latest versions and let me know if the problem is not resolved. In my local tests, theme options are being applied to new posts created by Forms, as expected based on the template layout assigned to that post type.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.