Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Struggle to display edit user form via php

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Struggle to display edit user form via php - grant edit user form access rights when not using Toolset Access plugin

Solution:
To grant the access of edit user form when not using the access plugin, you can use the filter: toolset_forms_current_user_can_use_user_form

You can fine proposed solution in this case with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/struggle-to-display-edit-user-form-via-php/#post-2066167

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Valeriia Il y a 2 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I'm trying to display an edit user form via a php shortcode but it does not show up.

Here is my function:

function usr_sn_edit_employee() {
    $user_id = (isset($_GET['userid'])) ? $_GET['userid'] : '';
    return do_shortcode("[cred_user_form form='edit-user' user='".$user_id."']");
}
add_shortcode('usr_sn_edit_employee', 'usr_sn_edit_employee');

In case you wonder, the URL parameter is specified: "/edit-user/?userid=4".

The same code with an edit post form works fine, but the user form does not want to display anything in this configuration.

I tried it on two different sites, one is almost empty, so I think you will be able to replicate it.

I have only Toolset Types and Forms, neither Views, nor Access modules are installed.

Please check.

Thank you

Actually, nothing is displayed even if I don't use php and use your shortcode:

[cred_user_form form='edit-user' user='4']

It seems it only wants to display the form if I choose to edit my own profile, not somebody's else.

Thank you for looking into it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

What if you try to use the Toolset form's PHP function to render the form:

echo cred_user_form($form_id,$user_id);

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_user_form

Hi Minesh,

It's good to know I can do that, however, as I said, the form is only displayed if I choose my own ID. It does not allow to edit other users.

Please try to replicate, I'm sure you'll see the same.

Minesh
Supporter

Does the user has rights to edit other users information?

Can I review your setup please? Can you please share admin access details for admin user as well as the user currently you are using.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I just installed and activated the Toolset Access plugin as to edit other users with a Toolset Form you must use it in combination with Access.

I can see it working as expected. Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

I don't want to use Access. I don't need it and don't want to install it for this only purpose.

The form should be available without it, it's not so complicated. I consider it a bug. Can you please contact your developers about it?

Thank you

Installing Access only adds me the hussle to go in the settings for every form I create to enable it for different user roles. I have more than 20 forms on some sites. It's super annoying.

Please contact your developers.

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

I checked with our Devs and fortunately there is a workaround.

You can use the following filter to grant access to the administrator users:

function func_grant_access_to_edit_user_form($bool ,$form_id,$user_data) {
     if ( current_user_can( 'manage_options' ) ){
        $bool = true;
    }

return $bool;
}
add_filter('toolset_forms_current_user_can_use_user_form', 'func_grant_access_to_edit_user_form',11,3);

You should try to add the above code to "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset or to the functions.php file of your theme.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/#adding-custom-php-code-using-toolset

It worked. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.