Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Slider shows first image then disappears

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 30 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Adriano Il y a 8 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Auteur
Publications

The FTP would be great, so much faster. Private area has been enabled. Please share credentials with me and I will play on it as first thing tomorrow.

Hello,

Thanks. Actually this is more complicated than I expected. That seems not related with your third party plugin, but with Views. I made a View with AJAX pagination in localhost and it's not working and showing some errors in the console. I'm working to identify this and will report.

That post IDs part I've mentioned are totally normal, they are coming from the Views relationship filter.

Thank you for that Adriano.
... so the puzzle continues.
I will wait to hear more.
Best wishes
Tim

I'm getting your huge duplicator package, then I'll make some tests.

It looks like your site is redirecting on each AJAX call, we are receiving that:

Request URL:hidden link

Request Method:GET

Status Code:301 Moved Permanently

Do you know about anything your server may doing about that?

SEO Redirection is doing that redirection. I'm trying to find a workaround to make it works fine with Views.

OK great. Thanks
Tim

This plugin is indexing our pagination pages as 404. So I've created a snippet to simply remove them from its table, so Views pagination won't be redirected anymore:

add_action( 'init', 'remove_views_pages_from_404' );

function remove_views_pages_from_404() {
	global $wpdb;

$wpdb->query(
		"DELETE FROM wp_WP_SEO_404_links
		 WHERE link LIKE '%wpv-ajax-pagination%'"
	);
}

Include the code above in functions.php and let me know how it goes.

Hi Adriano...

Thanks for this. I added the code to functions.php but it made no change I'm afraid - either to the homepage slider - which keeps scrolling the same image, nor to the Application pages - which show the first slider and then now more.

If you want to test the slider on the site - or in your local copy - simply change the content template of an Applications page (CPT) to "ApplicationPageTemplate" from ApplicationPageTemplateFixed-Image", which is what they're all set to currently.

Another issue (are you getting this too) is that the debug window comes up whenever the newtonwaterproofing.co.uk site is launched in my Chrome browser. The client is getting the same thing in Firefox on a Mac. Do you know what is triggering this?

Many thanks for all you're doing Adriano. Your investigation and persistence will pay off, I'm sure, and I'm glad to have you on the case...!

Best wishes
Tim

Yes, it was my debug tool, I've disabled it.

At least the script above removed all the Views pagination entries from the SEO Redirection dictionary. Please check your server, it seems it's returning the state 301 instead of 200 (OK) for Views URL:

hidden link

Hi Adriano...

OK - thanks for turning off the debug.
The SEO Redirection plugin settings show all redirections are set to 301. The only alternatives it offers are 302 and 307 - are either of those compatible with Views?

Tim

Yes, as long as it doesn't redirect to home page.

Ah ha! - That's done it...

We had a setting in SEO Redirection set which was redirecting all 404 errors to "/" - the homepage.
This is in the "Unknown 404 links" section of the "404 Error Links" tab in SEO Redirection settings.

I set the "Unknown 404 Redirection Status:" to 'disabled' and now the sliders work again...!

Thank you for all your help Adriano, in uncovering this. It is quite a relief to get to the bottom of it!

Best wishes
Tim

That's awesome, but I knew this setting (disabled a couple of times in my tests). I thought you wanted to have it enabled in order to redirect all 404 to home, because of that I was trying to say to SEO Redirection that Views pages weren't 404 🙂

But anyway I'm glad it works for you in this way! You are welcome.

Ah - well I'm sorry for the confusion.
Had we known that the 404 redirect to homepage setting was going to cause this we wouldn't have set it.
Out of interest though, if we had a dedicated 404 page (which wasn't the homepage) and we turned this setting on again to redirect to that. Do you think it give the same problem, or is it only because it was going to the homepage? (guess we'll need to test it)

Thanks again
Tim

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.