Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Slider shows first image then disappears

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 30 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Adriano Il y a 8 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Auteur
Publications

My client has pointed out to me that the slider we have in place on numerous pages on their site has stopped working. For an example, see this page and wait for the second image to appear:
hidden link

You'll see it doesn't come. This slider -as with all on the 'Application' pages of this site, had been working fine, so it *could* be a plugin update which has stopped it working now.

The method of the view is this - each of these *application* pages have child fields called 'related images'. A number of related images is chosen per application and they are scrolled through using the filter "selected the child posts for which this page is parent" in views.

We are now only getting the first image and the other images don't show. Any help you can provide on this issue, either for us to try changing something, or by logging in yourselves to fix it, would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you let me know how is this slider created?

Was it done by using our views plugin ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, thanks for your response.
Yes - this slider was created in Views using the following code. I can grant you access to the site if you need:

First, there is a Content template applied to all Application pages (Applications is a CPT created in Types, as is Related Images)

Content Template for Application CPTs:

<div class="app-side-top">
    [wpv-view name="Application Page Slider"]
</div>
  [wpv-post-body view_template="None"]

Here is the "Application Page Slider" View code:

It has this in the filter output:

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]<div class="pagedots">[wpv-pager-current-page style="link"]</div>[su_spacer size="7"][/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

And this in the Loop output:

<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
		<wpv-loop>
          [wpv-post-body view_template="Application Page Slider - slide"]
		</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->

Here is the "Application Page Slider -slide" Content template referred to in the Loop output:
[php]
<div>[types field="image1" size="application-slider" align="none" resize="crop"][/types]</div>
[php]

Is there anything wrong with this? -
It does seem to us that a version update suddenly made this slider stop working...

Thanks for your help
Best wishes
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the additional information.

Has there been any recent addition to the website? such as a new plugin installed?

If so then this could be a plugin conflict.

What I recommend that you do is to disable all your Non-Toolset plugins and see if the slider begins showing normally again.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks for the suggestion.
I just did a test, disabling all other plugins except those needed to display the page - Views, Types and Enhanced Custom Permalinks (otherwise the page would not display, but Views were working fine with this before).

I got the same result, so it doesn't appear to be a conflict with another plugin which is causing this.
Any help you can provide would be much appreciated. This site was featured in your list of case studies recently. Types and Views have enabled us to do great things with it, and I really don't want my clients losing faith over this.

See here: https://toolset.com/2014/11/efficient-migration-wordpress-types-views-help-organize-complex-mass-content-save-time/

Thanks for your help
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

What you can do is to provide me with temporary admin access so that I can investigate the issue a bit further.

I will be enabling the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Did you get my private message with admin access yesterday?
In the meantime, the homepage slider has stopped working properly too. It just shows the same image again and again. hidden link
Do we need to modify the code for a newer version or something?
I'd be grateful if someone could take a look.

Thank you
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

I got the credentials, thanks.

What I did was to use the duplicator plugin you had installed to create a duplicate so i wouldnt be performing any of my testing on your live website.

I'll update you once I find anything.

Thanks,
Shane

OK great. Thanks Shane
Keep me posted.
Best wishes
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tim,

As I am not sure what is happening here, I will be escalating your ticket so that a higher level of support can have a look.

I'm seeing where the view pagination is getting 4 items hence the 4 dots but the view debug information is finding only one post when there should be 4.

Hopefully we can get some assistance soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for all your help Shane
The client is getting anxious about having this fixed. It is a popular website, so I hope your higher level of support can identify the problem soon.

Best wishes
Tim

Hello again.

I have turned the slider to a fixed image on the Application page. I'm afraid the client was losing patience.
I will need to do the same with the homepage soon. The problem with that is its just scrolling through the same image time and time again: hidden link

If someone from level 2 can deal with this soon I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Tim

Hello,

There is a problem with the generated query from the View. Take a look:

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS  wp_posts.ID FROM wp_posts  INNER JOIN wp_postmeta ON ( wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id ) WHERE 1=1  AND wp_posts.ID IN (4688,4689,4690,4692) AND ( 
  wp_postmeta.meta_key = 'wpcf-image1'
) AND wp_posts.post_type = 'related-images' AND ((wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'private')) GROUP BY wp_posts.ID ORDER BY wp_postmeta.meta_value DESC LIMIT 0, 1

The weird part is wp_posts.ID IN (4688,4689,4690,4692). Something is interfering the correct Views query.

1. Is there any kind of PHP filter changing this View?
2. Did your client install any new plugin recently?
3. Did your client changed his theme?

Anyway it would be good if you provide a duplicator package of the site, so I can safely debug to understand who is interfering into that. The private area will be enabled to the next reply.

Hello Tim,

Thanks for this information. The best approach is by asking the author to fix that issue, but we can change the query before it renders the View. So can remove that post IDs part, letting Views query correct items. Just let me know if I can edit your functions.php file in order to edit that.

Hi Adriano

Thanks, and yes - my request is in with the author of the Enhanced Custom Permalinks plugin. But in the meantime, if there is anything you can do with the functions.php file please do. You can edit it yourself from within WordPress at Genesis|Dynamik Custom and then click on the Functions tab, or just send me the code and I'll paste it in.

IMPORTANT: one thing to note about changing the code in the Functions tab at the page above is that if you get the syntax wrong it can throw an error and prevent you accessing WordPress Admin until we manually edit the custom-functions.php file in wp-content/uploads/dynamic-gen/themes/

For the time being I have modified the Applications pages in the site so they show a static image only, and the homepage slider so it isn't auto-loading the next slide (it still loads the page 1 slide though, even when you click on page 2 or 3).

Thanks for all your help. I can give you FTP access if you want, with a private message.
Tim

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.