Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Show Template Option -> See Screenshot

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Mohammed Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Auteur
Publications
bcc2.png
bcc.png

I am trying to get the wordpress default option [Template] to show up in my custom post types. This option is seen on the default Page and Post.

How do i enable the [Template] option on the Quick Edit and on the CPT page itself?

Pls see screenshot (in red outline).

Hello Yap,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I can't see the "Template" option in my installation.It should be generated by the theme.
I've tried some themes but I couldn't show it.

So, at first, please try the following:
- Go to Toolset > Post Type and edit the post type
- Scroll down to the "Sections to display when editing" section and look for the "Template" option and enable it then save the post.

If this didn't help, I may need a copy of your theme to test the issue on.
If so, please upload the theme to an uploading platform like Google Drive and share the download link with me in the next private reply.

Private reply means that only me and you can see and access it.

Thanks.

Hi Yap,

Thank you for providing the theme archive. I'm now able to see the issue and I think that it's a compatibility issue between Types and Divi.

I'm going to escalate this ticket to the second tier so that it get the time to be checked fixed if possible.

Please wait and I will get back to you again once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Hi Yap,

I'm sorry, i was a bit confused.

This can't be achieved because the template is meant only for the page post type.

Please check this documentation of add_post_type_support which register the post type:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/add_post_type_support

In the parameters section, you will find the following:
'page-attributes' (template and menu order) (hierarchical must be true) (the page template selector is only available for the page post type)

Which means that the template can be added only for pages.

Anyway, we have a feature request opened in our internal queues for this.
Please follow the changelog page of Types here: https://toolset.com/download/toolset-types/#changelog to know the newly added features to Types when a new version comes.

Thanks.

hi Mohammed,

To reconfirm, the Page Template Option can only be strictly used under the default WP Page post type?

So even if i create a cpt with page attributes, i still cant use the Page Template Option?

Additionally u mentioned

we have a feature request opened in our internal queues for this

Since is a feature request, am i right to assume there's no certainty it will be implemented.

Thanks

Hi Yap,

Yes, exactly.

So, I will suggest to the development team to add a hint for the users so that they will be notified when they use the page attributes with CPT or implement the feature request.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.