Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Whatever happened to parent Layouts?

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
On older sites the client used the Toolset Starter Theme which involved created parent and child Layouts. That doesn't seem to be possible with the recommended themes such as Astra.

Solution:
Parent and Child Layouts were a feature of "fully integrated" themes, and is no longer recommended. To use Layouts to design the whole page using parent and child Layouts would require manually integrating themes.

A self-documented example of such a theme where you can see what is required can be found here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/retired-toolset-theme-integration-plugins/

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Justin Il y a 6 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
2018-01-24 11_44_02-Edit layout ‹ Rykon Construction — WordPress.png

I am trying to create a Parent + Child Layout. Which I thought this would already be Integrated with the Astra Theme. But every link I click, and every Help bubble doesn't tell me what I need to accomplish to get these layouts integrated.

I have attached a screenshot to hopefully help clear the air.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Justin

Parent Layouts with Astra is not supported.

You are probably aware that there was a major change to Layouts about a year ago now where support for any theme was added—but only to design the content area of the page, not the entire page as used to be the case with Layouts.

Although we now actively discourage that, it is still possible to use integrated themes to design the whole page. The integration plugins for Divi, Avada, TwentySeventeen etc. are effectively retired but still available (https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/retired-toolset-theme-integration-plugins/). Any other theme would require manually integrating, by creating a child theme and rewriting all of the PHP templates as required. That would be tricky because we don't have any documentation for it, though if you want to try this I can show you a sample theme that you can study to see what is required.

Astra is one of the themes that is part of the Beyond Pages program, meaning you have control over theme options for each of the Layouts you create, so, for example, on a Layout for pages you can specify no sidebar, on a Layout for posts a left sidebar etc. The options available depend on the theme.

Are you able to provide me with a sample theme like you said?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Justin

Here you go: hidden link

It is produced by a Toolset colleague, but is not an official Toolset theme.

It is self-documented, hopefully you can follow what's required.

That was a great starter theme. I have been modifying it a lot to create it my own.
Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.