Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Set the value of a toolset custom field when a woocommerce order is created

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I would like to set the value of a custom field automatically whenever a WooCommerce Order is created from the front-end of the site.

Solution: Use a custom code snippet with the save_post hook to programmatically set the custom field value:

function tssupp_set_select_value_1 ( $post_id, $post, $update ) {
  $field_slug = 'custom-field-slug';
  $forced_value = '1';
  $post_type_slug = 'shop_order';

// you should not edit anything below this line

// - bail on wrong post type or on update
  $post_type = get_post_type( $post_id );
  if ( $post_type !== $post_type_slug || $update ) {
    return;
  }

update_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-' . $field_slug, $forced_value );
}

// 1688213: Automatically select custom field value when order is created
add_action( 'save_post', 'tssupp_set_select_value_1', 100, 3);
This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Auteur
Publications

Hi there

I would like to be able to set the value of a toolset custom field, assigned to the woocommerce order post, in the moment the order is created. I think I need something like a save to post action in php functions? The custom field is a select field with the values: 1, 2, 3, 4 and I would like the new order save the value of '1' when it is created.

Is this possible? Maybe its not possible... I can't seem to find anyone else in our support community asking this same question...

Thanks in advance!

Rita

Hello, yes you can use the WordPress hook save_post to set a custom field value automatically when an Order is created from the front-end of the site. This hook is documented here: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/save_post/

I have some example code you can use. Replace custom-field-slug with the slug of your custom field as defined in wp-admin (do not include the wpcf- prefix here), then place this code in your child theme's functions.php file or in a new custom code snippet in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code:

function tssupp_set_select_value_1 ( $post_id, $post, $update ) {
  $field_slug = 'custom-field-slug';
  $forced_value = '1';
  $post_type_slug = 'shop_order';

// you should not edit anything below this line

// - bail on wrong post type or on update
  $post_type = get_post_type( $post_id );
  if ( $post_type !== $post_type_slug || $update ) {
    return;
  }

update_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-' . $field_slug, $forced_value );
}

// 1688213: Automatically select custom field value when order is created
add_action( 'save_post', 'tssupp_set_select_value_1', 100, 3);

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Thank you Christian!

That works beautifully.

Rita

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.