Skip Navigation

[Fermé] Search page not always displaying buttons correctly

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jamal Il y a 2 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

I first reported this problem here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-page-not-always-displaying-buttons-correctly/

At that time it corrected itself, but I go to the site today and once again all styling on the buttons is gone. In the admin edit they're showing correctly, ie a yellow background, smaller font and aligned center. This is a page and the problem is within a search view.

hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

It seems to be a random issue, right? Because the issue is not reproducible for me. Check this screenshot for logged-in and logged-out users hidden link

This smells like a cache issue, but I can't tell what type of caches(Plugin's, server's, database's). I am afraid, if it is that random, it will be hard to investigate. We can investigate issues that we can reproduce, but not the ones we can't. If you find out the steps to reproduce it, I am confident, we can fix it.

Maybe, as a workaround, you can add a class to the button, and add a custom CSS style that will enforce the styles without depending on the block's styles.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Jamal
I have found that by going to the edit page and simply saving it without making any changes the problem is corrected.

I am wondering if it is connected to updating. I will watch it more carefully.

It is strange as I have other pages with similar search views, but it doesn't happen to those, only that one page.

I have not closed this ticket yet as I would like to wait until there is another update and see if it happens then or inbetween

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

I understand the frustration you might feel because of this issue. I'll set this ticket as waiting for your feedback, which should keep it open for a couple of weeks. You will receive email notifications before it gets closed. Just reply then, and we'll keep it open. If it gets closed, open a new ticket and we'll work on it, or we'll reopen this one.

To better understand this issue, I'd like to see visit the page(when it has the issue). I'll take a backup of it, so we can always rebuild a copy of the site that presents the issue. This way, we can compare what's the difference after fixing it(by saving the page). Hopefully, this will give us a lead to follow. However, I don't think a new version will be released in the upcoming weeks. Maybe after a couple of months.
I wonder if you have a backup of the site before performing updates. I'll build it locally and check if the issue is reproducible after updates.

I still believe it to be a cache issue. So, I explored WP-Optimize plugin's options, as it seems to be the existing cache plugin. Nothing has caught my attention.

Let's see if that would be reproduced in the future. If it does, before saving the page, take a copy of the website using the Duplicator or All In One Migration plugins.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Search page not always displaying buttons correctly’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.