Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Search by location doesnt work in some ocasions

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 17 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by zeljko-turkaljS Il y a 2 mois et 3 semaines.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I have a directory website build: hidden link.

hidden link

If you check search by offices, you will see that we have option to enter office name and agent name in search form. That all works as expected.

If you try the Jacksonville, Fl for location and for example 20 miles radius it will also work. But, for example if you enter Orlando and 20 miles, it will return all results, or at least we believe those are all results. Seems like the map is just reloading, not showing the results.

Can you help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance
Sasa Vidakovic
Deal Studio

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - it does seem that map is just reloading rather filtering the results.

I will have to review your current setup in order to check how you configured the map.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added the following line to know the total items found within your view's "Loop Editor section": Total: [wpv-found-count]
- hidden link

I can see when you load the page first time: hidden link
- I can see Total: 260 results (just above of the map)

Now, when I apply the "ORLANDO, FL, USA" and 20 miles, it shows me total 46 results:
- hidden link

That means it seems to be working.

Hi Manish, thanks for your feedback.

Did you change anything else in this view, or did you just apply the total count shortcode.

Regards

You can check this same preset on production environment

Orlando, 20 miles
---
hidden link

The map is just reloading with same results

Hi Minesh, one more thing. On the dev environment, if you search by location Tampa, radius 20 miles, you will see that he map is also reloading same as on production for Orlando

development (Tampa, 20 miles)
hidden link

Regards

Minesh
Supporter

I checked the staging site and I can see few results with the URL you shared:
- hidden link

Please check the following video:
- hidden link

There must be cache on server side or browser if you see the different result.

Hi Minesh, apologies. We are building CSV import plugin for those offices and brokers, and you probably see only few of them now.

Will it help if we give you access to production environment (bbfmls.com)? If you agree with that, you can mark next reply private and I will send you the admin login link.

Please let me know

Regards

Minesh
Supporter

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I see on your map's settings page:
- hidden link

I can see the error with the API key you registered:

REQUEST_DENIED - API keys with referer restrictions cannot be used with this API.

Can you please try to register valid and working Google Map API key and check again.

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 13.13.25.png

Hi Minesh, I don't have any restrictions in console, except for domain

On that page, you mention above, I don't see any issues :), please recheck that on your end once more

Regards
Sasa

Minesh
Supporter

You will have to click on the button "Check API" and you will see the error.

As the error suggest you will have to register unrestricted Google Map API key so you will have to remove all those domains for your API key.

Are you suggesting that we need to not restrict the key and then the map will work?

Yes, this is working now, but this is not acceptable for us. We need to restrict the key

What are your suggestions on that?

Minesh
Supporter

I do not have any other solution on this. Maybe you should try to create a server-side API key and the one that you already registered and check if that helps.

zeljko-turkaljS confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-01 11:31:36.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.