Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Reset default content templates for posts to "None"

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 6 années et 1 mois.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Based on the theme my client is using, I would like the default content template for new blog posts to be "None." However, every post is defaulting to "Template for Posts" -- which doesn't exist in my index of content templates I've created (I've never made one).

Is there a way to do this or do I just need to rebuild a basic content template for standard blog posts?

Also, this only happened a few weeks ago. At launch back in fall 2017, this wasn't an issue.

In Toolset > Content Templates all templates are listed, and when you open them to edit, scroll down the page will show the settings where the template is used by default.
Remove the Checkbox from the Post Type in the question and save the content template.

Now, new posts will not have any template assigned on creation.

If there is no content template at all, then none can be set to be used.
That would mean eventually some old settings were not properly removed after deleting the Content Template, eventually.

So, if you cannot see the content template in question under the menu Toolset > Content Templates, then please grab a copy of your site and provide it to us.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

We will then probably need to provide you with some custom code to update the database.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.