Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Problems with setting a related post in another language

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
The customer reported that he can only save a post in a post reference field in one of the 3 languages added in WPML.

Solution:
Guided that this is expected behavior and when using post relationships with the WPML, relationship connections are only maintained between the primary language posts. WPML automatically shows the related post in the appropriate language, if its translation is available.

The post reference field is also a kind of post-relationship, so he'll just have to select the related post in the primary language.

Relevant Documentation:
n/a

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by marcB-6 Il y a 2 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

Hi guys,
I need some help in the combi of WPML and Toolset.
In this project there is an about page. In this page you can set a related CTA from a reference field.
In installed WPML and added two langauges.
I copied the page to both languages and I created CTA's in both languages as well.
Now, when selecting a related CTA in a particular page (i see all CTA's from all languages btw), i can save the page.
However, in two of the tree langauges it does not store, in one it does.
Since it stores in one, it seems to me that it is related to the combi of TS and WPML.
Is there something i did wrong?
Thanks.
Marc

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Marc,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

This is expected behavior and when using post relationships with the WPML, relationship connections are only maintained between the primary language posts. WPML automatically shows the related post in the appropriate language, if its translation is available.

The post reference field is also a kind of post-relationship, so you just have to select the related post in the primary language. WPML will automatically show the correct language translation of the related post on the front-end.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Ah, Waqar, you're right. It's logic in a way. However, the fact that you can select a post in another language is suggests that it is possible. Wouldn't it be an idea to show the relationship fields as read only with the name of the translated post in it (or a placeholder when there is no translation available)?
Anyways; thanks a lot!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.