Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Possible corruption with a Post Type

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by rodneyM Il y a 7 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Ahmed Hussein.

Auteur
Publications
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 19.23.55.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 19.25.28.png

The website is built with 2 parents and 4 children, One of the main parents is only edited infrequently while the others are constantly being updated. Unfortunately the one which is edited the least has a problem with the date fields. (last edited at the end of February)
The pictures show that some posts have 'clear date' and others have not. The Active year is the one that is used to filter the posts to display on the front end, when it didn't work I added another date field Membership year to see could I transfer across to use that one but neither fields will accept any information or clear the date. Unfortunately because the other parents and children have had numerous entries since March to restore from a backup is not possible.
The website all works perfectly I just can't add another 'Band' due to this corruption.

I suppose I could delete the 2 date fields and try and put another one back but would want to be sure it will work as the website would then be down as the date is the crucial link.
I updated the Toolset Plugins and WordPress to the latest to see would that cure the problem but no difference.
Where is the debug info in the upgraded Toolset stored?

Hi, Thanks for contacting Toolset support forums.

I'd like to debug this issue locally on my machine. For this, you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
. Click on "Create Package Set"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big )
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to log-in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Also, I'd like to know the name of the post type you're having problems with. And it would be great if you provided me with steps to replicate the issue, to make it easier for me to identify the problem.

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Cheers!

Hi,

I'll try to get the duplicator package, and I'll give you a feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi,

I wanted to update you and to let you know that I'm still working on this, once the problem is clear I'll give you full feedback.

Thanks.

Thanks, there is no hurry so long as it is sorted
Rodney

Hi,

I escalated this ticket to our 2nd tier support team, just give them time to reply with a proper feedback.

Thanks.

Just checking on progress.

Can I have an update Please

Hi, Sorry for the late reply and thanks a lot for your patience.

I tested again today and seems like the issue is solved, can you please confirm that. And if it's not solved, can you please provide the steps that produces the issue?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Thanks Again.

It appears to be working OK now

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.