Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Option to bump listing to top for registered users

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum Jeu d'outils. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Marqué : 

Ce sujet contient 3 réponses, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par yuri.s Il y a 8 années et 2 mois.

Assisté par: yuri.s.

Auteur
Publications

Jay

I have a classifieds listing site. Users can register and post listings on the site for free via CRED post forms.

I'm trying to add a feature that many classifieds sites have (ie: craigslist), where users that have posted listings have the ability to later login to their account page and "bump their listing to the top" of the archive pages.

This option would need to become available to them only on listings that are older than 48 hours.

The reason to offer this option is to prevent users from reposting the same ad over and over just to keep it at the top of the archive post list where people are sure to see it.

I imagine the "bump listing to top" feature on other sites is done by updating the post date of a given ad listing to the current date and time - effectively pushing their listing to the top of a post archive sorted by date by default.

Is this possible with views?

Thanks for any insight! 🙂

Hi Jason, you can achieve what you want with a mix of Views and CRED Commerce.

With CRED Commerce you can create the forms necessary to manage listing creation/purchase and also the upgrade for the "bump listing to top".

With Views you can show all listings as a normal page and add another View on top of thatwith only the "bumped listings".

Let me know if I made myself clear enough for you to see the page structure with our Toolset plugins.

Regards,
Yuri.

Jay

Hi Yuri,

Do I need to use CRED commerce? Or can I just use my existing CRED setup? Creating ads and bumping ads is all free to do.

Would you be willing to give me a step by step of how to create the bump listings feature? I'm very new to Views.

Thanks for any more insight you can provide! 🙂

Hi Jason, I'll highlight a couple of things you can do.

Since you are not integrating WooCommerce for actual payments there is no need to use CRED Commerce. You can keep using your CRED forms as usual.

Your listing would need a flag of some sort created with Types. I'd suggest a select field with two distinct values. A sort of Yes/No flag.

The first step would be to adapt the CRED form with the option to bump the listing. Since the listing would already exist you would have a date set for it. You could then use a conditional to show/hide the field that would enable the "bumping".

For reference : https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-conditional-display-engine/

The next step would be to create two separate Views. One would list the normal listing that don't contain the bumped flag. Another one would list all the listings that actually contain the bumped flag. You would then add these two Views to a single page.

Let me know how can I help you further.

Regards,
Yuri.

Ce ticket est maintenant fermé. Si vous êtes un client de Toolset et que vous avez besoin d'aide, veuillez ouvrir un nouveau ticket d'assistance