Skip Navigation

[Résolu] New Toolset Maps plugin not working correctly

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 25 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Tom Gonzales Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Ok - but before we go that route, is it possible for me to just reinstall the Map module without losing any existing map-related data I've already entered?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tom,

I dont suspect that this will deleted if you were to remove and reinstall the plugin.

However I would suggest backing up as a precaution non the less.

Thanks,
Shane

I tried reinstalling the Map module plugin and that didn't help.

Here's a link where you can grab a copy of the site installer and files:

hidden link

You can use this dining listing to test the functionality of the map icon fine tuning:

hidden link

You can clearly see the listings map icon is displaying on the wrong location, but I cannot get it to save the adjustment in the CMS. The listing is Artin's grill - you'll need to remove the Map API key to get the listing map to display on the front end.

Good luck!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the duplicator package.

I'm currently downloading it at the moment so I will post an update once i get to test it.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok - someone else contacted me and told me I needed to use a server IP restriction instead of browser:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-maps-module-isnt-showing-adjustments-to-map-icon-on-the-frontend/#post-440419

So I generated a new API key:

AIzaSyAY4B1fPIH9XdHF7K2Imr_gZdNqiZ5cOQg

Restricted to this IP address:

So you'll need to change the key in the map settings once you've loaded the site.

As of right now, it no longer loads any of my maps - still getting this error message:

js:34 Google Maps API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError hidden link
Your site URL to be authorized: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

Would you mind updating to the latest versions of our plugins as we have just released them

Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm experiencing issues with the Maps plugin as well. The map renders, but no marker.

Here's the front end page:
hidden link

I have disabled all non-Toolset plugins to verify that the issue still persists.

I can provide admin access to the admin area if needed.

Ok - Just an FYI - after doing some reading in the Google developers area, I switched the API key back to Browser Referrer security using what you had recommended previously...

*.friscocentral.com/*

And I got all my maps to show again, but I still couldn't fine tune them in the CMS - the longitude and latitudes were not be saved in the address field. But I found that if I manually enter them using...

{33.15218956158403,-96.83526383254087}

In the address field and in the latitude and longitude fields - it works on the front end. So it's has something to do with the plugin not saving the latitude and longitude adjustments using the Maps plugin tool.

I'll try updating the plugins and see if that fixes it, but if not, at least I've found a work-around - although not ideal. I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Well - that just made it worse.

After upgrading to Toolset Types version 2.2.2 now when in Views mode, many of the links no longer work - Duplicate, Add New, Move to Trash, and when in edit mode in Views, you can't change the slug name or open the Screen options - basically most of the links and buttons don't work anymore.

I'm so frustrated.

I'm not experiencing issues with the links in Views not working, however I still have no Maps marker rendering.

This morning I was able to install all the recent Toolset updates and that fixed the Map fine tuning issues and the Views issue I mentioned in my last post, so I'm good to go!

Just and FYI - after adding a new listing with a map, the map will not display on the front end until I remove the Google API key, and the refresh the page. Then I have to add it back into the Map settings in order to add additional maps. Not ideal but I can work around this for now.

Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.