Skip Navigation

[Résolu] New Toolset Maps plugin not working correctly

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 25 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Tom Gonzales Il y a 7 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
add-map-sample.png
map-loaded-sample.png
no-map-sample.png

I am trying to: add new custom posts with maps

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: Custom post with map and marker displayed, like this: hidden link

Instead, I got: A map of with no marker and no posted location information.

If I remove the API Key from the map settings, it will display fine, but then I can't add maps in new custom posts I create because the maps module doesn't load. But if I turn on the maps API by adding the key again, then the maps module displays in the custom post in the CMS, but not on front-end. Previous posts that have been added and that are calling to the cache load fine (see my example for what I expected to see). Don't see any errors thrown when the API Key is activated.

When I add the API Key and add a new custom post with a map, any adjustments to the map icon location are not transferred to the frontend, it will only display the default location the API provides, so I can't fine-tune the icon location. Previous custom posts with icon location fine-tuning display fine, it's just new posts that are added that don't work correctly.

My workaround is to enable the API, add my new custom posts with maps, then once they are loaded, I remove the API key again so I can view the map on the frontend, but without any map icon fine-tuning. This adds time to the whole editing process.

When will this be fixed?

BTW - Also still waiting on an issue with apostrophes not returning correct results in custom searches.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I believe this issue is being caused by your API key, does the API key that you have restricts its usage to a single domain ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

sample-API-key-domain-setting.png

Yes, but it's the domain I'm using Toolset Maps on.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

Can you create an API key for the domain like this *www.friscocentral.com/*

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

sample-api-key-domain.png

I changed it as suggested, but that didn't do anything:

hidden link

Okay...now I'm having the same issue on one of my client's site:

hidden link

This used to work fine before the last Toolset Map module upgrade, but now the Google Map API Key works only for adding new listings in the CMS but does not display correctly on the front-end with the API Key in the Map settings field. In order to view the maps on the front-end, I have to remove the API key, then reinsert it to add new listings with maps in custom post types.

When is this going to be fixed?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

I'm sure this is an issue with Google and the API key. Could you generate a key for a non-restricted domain?

Meaning the key can be used on any domain.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Well, when I changed the API key to "unrestricted", it works without me having to remove it to see the new maps created, plus old maps previously created still display fine, except that the new map doesn't hold the fine tuning adjustments made to the map icon location in the CMS, however, older maps created before the module update still do.

hidden link

So two things here...

1. I should have to leave the API key as "unrestricted" to get it to display
2. I should be able to make adjustments to the map icon placement in the CMS when creating new maps in listings.

So this and comments from other posts in the forum lead me to believe the issue is within the new Toolset Map Module code.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

Great to hear its working now.

You can use restrictions but you will need to add your website address exactly like this *www.friscocentral.com/* inclusive of the 2 asterisks

Also for the accuracy issue could you please open a new ticket for this issue 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

Ok - so this issue still isn't fixed. I created a new API key and restricted to my domain as you instructed, but the module still won't show new maps in new listings added unless I delete the API key. Then once I view the listing with the map displayed, and it's stored in the cache, then I have to place the API key back in the settings so I can use the map module in new listings. Plus I still can't make any adjustments to the map icon position (fine tuning). It shows it correctly in the CMS but not on the front end. I've opened another ticket for the map icon issue, but this is really hindering the results that get displayed in the maps. Not to mention having to insert and then delete the API key in order to add and view new listings with maps is getting old and taking up more time.

Here a link to another example: Artin's Grill - as you can see the map icon is displayed over the marker for Benihana Plano instead of Artin's Grill - which is where I adjusted to in the CMS.

hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

Would you mind if I took a look at the issue through your backend ?

I'll enable the private fields for your next response so that you can provide me with the credentials.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

I managed to have a look and was able to see the issue.

I tried to replicate the problem on my end but to no avail 🙁 as a simple test I would like for you to temporarily disable all you non-toolset plugins and try again.

This is just to see if there are any plugins that could be affecting our toolset maps.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

sample-map-address-adjustment.png

Ok - so I went ahead and deactivated all plugins except the Toolset ones required for custom posts and maps, and I cleared the map cache on a listing to test if I could make adjustments to the listings map, but the adjustments still didn't appear on the front end.

I did notice that in the new version of the maps module when you enter custom map coordinates it no longer adds the new coordinates to the map address field. In the old version of the maps module, when you would enter custom map coordinates, it would automatically replace the address with the new coordinates. It doesn't do that now.

Follow up...I was going through the process again of turning off all plugin except the Toolset ones, and I noticed that when I fine tune the map icon, the latitude and longitude numbers don't change at all. So in effect, it doesn't matter where I move the map icon and save the changes because they are not being reflected in the latitude and longitude fields.

I've even tried looking up the latitude and longitude on Google Maps, then adding them into the latitude and longitude fields, but then when I save, it places the map icon at an address further away from the actual location. Before the most recent Map module update, this wasn't the case - I could easily move the icon and have the changes reflect correctly on the map - both in the admin and front end sections.

Sample listing that won't hold an adjustment:

hidden link

Google Map Coordinates:

hidden link

HELP!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Tom,

I'm unable to replicate the issue on my local host as its working fine on my end.

Would you mind providing me with a duplicator package of the website so that I can test it out on my local server ?

To provide the duplicator package you can follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.