Skip Navigation

[Résolu] missing custom fields from theme template

This support ticket is created Il y a 1 an et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Christopher Amirian Il y a 1 an et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Auteur
Publications
Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 8.48.50 PM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I got "message Your theme’s template file single.php for displaying Application items is missing custom fields" from Toolset Dashboard. What does it mean? How can I fix it? Could you show me some examples?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

It just means that your theme's PHP template that will be used to display single Application posts won't output and custom fields assigned to your Application posts.

You can create a Content Template (at Toolset > Content Templates) to customize what is output in the content area of your single Application posts, and you can add whatever fields you want to that template.

See https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-templates-to-display-custom-posts/

Dear Nigel,

Is it a must to have the content template for each custom post type? What can I do if I do want the custom post type be shown by default, or it shows a 404 page?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Hi Kelvine,

It is not s must-have, it depends on what you want from the template of the custom post type.

By default, if you do not add a content template, whatever custom post type you create will show your theme's single.php file.

SO you can test, you can add the custom post type and add a few posts of that type and click the PREVIEW link to see what info the theme shows.

If it is enough and ok with you, then you can avoid adding a content template. But if you also have other custom fields assigned to that custom post type that you want to show in the front end and the theme default does not show it, you should create a content template and decide which info you want to add.

The content template will override the theme default if you assign the content template to the custom post type in question.

I suggest that you read the link my colleague shared for more detailed information about content templates.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.