Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Listing entry for authorization

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luo Yang Il y a 2 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I am building an application and would appreciate some assistance.
It is a membership type site. There is the normal setup where a member would register as a standard WordPress user. Once this process has been completed it takes the user directly to a CPT that will handle the membership registration. This registration is split in two sections. The first is the registration of the member's basic profile. Once this has been done the account must then be evaluated by admin and approved or declined.

When the client registers the first time his user role will be "peg editor - pre-registration". Once the member has been approved by the admin his role will change to "peg editor", where he/she must then complete his profile for front end publishing.

The custom post has been configured that it creates a link between the user that was created on the native WordPress system and the member's profile. ie to ensure that the user can edit his/her profile easily.

This is where I need advice. I need to create a view that can list all the pre-authorised users for the admin of the site. This must then create a link from the user name to open a form where the admin can then view the profile detail and if approved mark it approved. My concern here is that if the CPT Profile is opened at this stage by the admin that it is then going to "relink" the member profile away from the User name that created the profile to the admin User's account as the admin will then change the user role from "peg editor - pre autorisation" to "peg editor".

Right now need confirmation if this "relinking" will be done and if it does how do I achieve the approval of the member's account without linking the profile to the admin approving the member.

Hello,

Please elaborate the questions with more details:

then going to "relink" the member profile away from the User name that created the profile to the admin User's account as the admin will then change the user role from "peg editor - pre autorisation" to "peg editor".

Right now need confirmation if this "relinking" will be done and if it does how do I achieve the approval of the member's account without linking the profile to the admin approving the member.

What kind of "relink" are we talking about?
Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem.

And you can use Toolset Access plugin to limit the access to the post/user forms:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/controlling-access-to-front-end-forms/
Controlling Access to Front-End Forms in WordPress
For your reference.

Hi Luo,

Thank you for your reply. I according to documentation when a user is logged in and the user then completes the member CPT the entry is then linked to his WordPress user account. In other words when he login at a letter stage and call up the member CPT then it will show only his membership profile.

Now the current system development I am doing the guest will register as a WordPress User. This will allocate a roll as "peg - editor pre-approval" The profile registration form is a shortened version. Once this has been completed the member account will have to be approved by an admin. Once the Admin has approved the member account their role will change to "peg editor".

My concern at this stage is once the CPT for the member has been added it will automatically link to WordPress native user. If the admin then called up that user to approve it, will the specific CPT still be connected to the registration User's account or will it now be linking to the admin's account.

After user create the member CPT post, the post author will be setup as that specific user, the post author relationship won't be broken by default, unless you setup some custom codes.

You can follow our document to setup the member CPT, and use it to connect other post types:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-create-custom-searches-and-relationships-for-users/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.