Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Layouts and Genesis Footer Widgets

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: When I include footer widget areas in Appearance > Widgets and my Layout, I see duplicate footer widget areas on pages with Layouts.

Solution: For best results, either include Footer Widget areas or include footer elements in your Layouts. If both are present, you're likely to see some duplication.

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by PetrV1508 Il y a 7 années.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: use Layouts (on certain pages) with parent layout containing header and footer.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: Only the footer made in Layouts. I supposed the Toolset Genesis Integration plugin would disable the Genesis footer.

Instead, I got: There is still original Genesis footer widget area. So there are two footers on these pages.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.30.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.29.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.25.56 PM.png

Hi, I'm not quite clear what you're describing. Could you provide screenshots of the footer widget areas in your WP admin, the Layout containing the Header and Footer, and screenshots of the problem on your site front-end?

If you're talking about the footer widget areas as defined in Appearance > Widgets, Layouts with the Genesis integration plugin won't remove those automatically. I'm attaching screenshots here that show the footer areas with sample text. However, if these are showing twice, that would indicate a problem.

Screenshot-2017-04-27-20.49.40.png
Screenshot-2017-04-27-20.54.31.png
Screenshot-2017-04-27-20.54.38.png

3 screenshots added.

I see, thank you. Layouts does not automatically override or remove the Footer widgets applied in Appearance > Widgets, so if you include your footer widgets in both Layouts and Appearance > Widgets, you will experience duplication like you have seen. My best advice is to remove the widgets from one of these areas.

I prefer to use only Layouts.
If I remove Text from Footer widgets, there is empty space in the footer.
I also tried

remove_theme_support( 'genesis-footer-widgets' );

and

remove_action('genesis_footer', 'genesis_do_footer');
remove_action('genesis_footer', 'genesis_footer_markup_open', 5);
remove_action('genesis_footer', 'genesis_footer_markup_close', 15);

but nothing happened.

Would it be possible for me to make a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin? This way I can investigate on my local environment and make changes without breaking your live site. If this is okay, please provide me with login credentials in the private reply fields here.

Hi, I removed the two widget cells from your Parent Layout, and replaced them with two Visual Editor cells. Then I applied the required classes to the new cells and row to replicate the design from your home page. I left the widgets in place in your Appearance > Widgets area, so the design of other pages retains the footer elements.

Do you think this will work for your needs? The main drawback I see is that the content must be managed in both places - meaning that a text update in Appearance > Widgets must also be performed in your Parent Layout.

Dear Christian, managing content in two places is not the right way, I think. I find better then to use only the native Genesis footer.
So the Genesis Integration plugin does not work well.
Thank you for your effort.

I see what you mean. I think that the Layouts integration is designed to work well when Layouts controls every page of the site, and you can use the same parent header and footer layout to control these elements across all pages.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.