Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Help with [my-post-excerpt] shortcode

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by webD-3 Il y a 3 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Last week I updated Types and Views on a site, and the presence of the [wpv-post-excerpt] shortcode prevented the pages referencing that shortcode from resolving. Jamal helped me with that ticket (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-excerpt-shortcode-prevents-pages-from-loading-in-types-3-4-1/) and the eventual resolution was updating to Types 3.4.2 and Views 3.3.2.

Today, I'm updating another site to Views 3.4.2 and Blocks 1.3.2, and experiencing the same issue. The difference is that I am using a custom [my-post-excerpt] shortcode, that I found in this support thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/is-there-a-way-to-override-the-manual-excerpt-length/

Would you be able to assist in determining what adjustments need to be made to this function, that would correspond to the similar changes that were applied in last week's Views/Blocks update, so that this shortcode can continue to work?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The ticket you are referring to is too old belongs to year 2013.

I wonder how a shortcode is not working at your end as is your goal to add that shortcode?

Can you please share problem URL and access details and tell me what exactly you want to display with that shortcode?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've comment out the following line of code from the function my_shortcode_wpv_post_excerpt():

// $post_id_atts = new WPV_wpcf_switch_post_from_attr_id($atts);

I can see now page is loading as expected. Can you please confirm it works as expected.

Thank you Minesh! The staging site did look the way I want it to. I commented out the same line from the live site, and the [my-post-excerpt] shortcode now works as intended. I appreciate your time and expertise!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.