Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Following up on troubleshooting cache/memory issue

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 6 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Following up on this topic (feel free to consolidate if you can): https://toolset.com/forums/topic/help-me-troubleshoot-viewscache-memory-issues-with-host/

Please recall that I was waiting for the site to get past its peak usage period. It has now and I've restored all Views (except one secondary sidebar slideshow). Bluehost recommended Super Cache, so I installed that and used their recommended settings.

Here are the results of Query Monitor on various pages. Do any of these seem particularly high? Like "break your server" high?

Home: 114 Queries WITH mentor book widget, 99 queries without
Mentors (View): 185 - 188 by filter
Individual Mentor (content template): 90
General page: 65 with Views activated (no View/CT loaded), 59 without Views activated
Blog: 67 with Views, 61 without Views

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Mike

Nigel here, I dealt with your initial thread.

Those numbers don't look too bad, but then everything is relative, and in the context of 500-600 concurrent visitors you are going to need some pretty beefy hosting.

The Mentors View looks a little high, and given its importance, the home page would benefit from being lower.

I could take a look for you at what you have on those pages and how they are built, but this doesn't really fall inside our support policy and the queue is currently very busy.

So, if it's okay with you, I will have a look at your site, but it may not be for a day or two, depending on my workload.

It would be most helpful if I could get a duplicate of your site to test locally: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I'll mark your next reply as private so you can share the link to the duplicate and site credentials.

Not sure if my other message went through but I am pending Duplicator approval from the site owner. Please keep this ticket open.

Nigel
Supporter

Sure, no problem.

You could also use an alternative such as All in One WP Migration if you have problems with duplicator.

I'll mark the next reply as private again.

Ack, unfortunately both Duplicator and All in One failed. I think it's because the Media section is too large (they run contests on the site and contest entries are stored as media files).

Any other suggestions? I can create a temporary admin user for you to take a look at the current configuration if that will help.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Mike

Maybe I don't need the contest entries? The media files could be omitted?

Anyway, let me have the site credentials and I'll take a look.

Next reply is private. (You can ignore the FTP part of the template.)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.