Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Errors on Views import…

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Rita Il y a 3 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

Hi there
I have two sites exactly the same each on a different server.
I exported all forms, types and views from one site to import on the other site.
Forms and types imported perfectly.
Views, however, is declaring multiple errors... I wouldn't know where to start in resolving these.
Do you think I have done something wrong or is there a problem with Views export/import?
These are the errors. And I do have the .zip file saved in a google drive folder if you want to take a look.

Error parsing XML

Error on line 10577: StartTag: invalid element name

Error on line 10577: expected '>'

Error on line 10577: Opening and ending tag mismatch: on_layout_meta_html_sizes line 10576 and unparseable

Error on line 10578: StartTag: invalid element name

Error on line 10578: expected '>'

Error on line 10578: Opening and ending tag mismatch: attach_20648 line 10567 and unparseable

Error on line 10582: Opening and ending tag mismatch: attachments line 10566 and on_layout_meta_html_sizes

Error on line 10583: Opening and ending tag mismatch: view line 10448 and attach_20648

Error on line 10584: Opening and ending tag mismatch: views line 6 and attachments

Error on line 10585: Opening and ending tag mismatch: views line 2 and view

Error on line 10586: Extra content at the end of the document

Data not valid

Hoping you can help as it will be at least a full days work to rewrite manually...

Thanks in advance!

Rita

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Rita,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'm setting your next reply as private so that you can share the export file that you're using.

Please also share the exact details about the steps you used to create this export file and to import it on a new website.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the export file.

I can see some special characters in your website's export file, which is making the XML invalid. But, I couldn't reproduce the same while creating an export file from my test website. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

Have you tried exporting the views using the "Toolset Module Manager" plugin? It can be downloaded from the legacy downloads at: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#legacy-plugins

Here is a guide on using this plugin:
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/export-import/using-toolset-module-manager/

In case the same issue persists while using this export too, we'll need a clone/snapshot of your website from where you're exporting the view, to investigate this in more depth.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and I've set your next reply as private again.

Hi Waqar
Thank you for looking into it. I appreciate your time.
Gosh I didn't know about the legacy module manager.
I will give that a proper try first and see how it goes.
Will come back to you with a new thread if the problem persists.
Rita

Over and out for now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.