Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Displaying Loop Results Outside of Map

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Charles Il y a 4 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Support,

I am trying to create a View that displays a map, as well as results outside the map. I know I'm close, but I think I have a line of code in the wrong spot. Can you please assist? The View ID is 5280.

This is my desired result: hidden link

Once I have the layout functioning correctly, I'll be able to style as needed, but I need the filters to show changes to both the map,and the results that will be shown on the left.

Thanks,
Charles

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Charles,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Could you send me a screenshot of the view code on the backend so that I can have a look at it ?

Thanks,
Shane

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" spiderfy="on"]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<wpv-loop>
       <div class="col-sm-8">[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-1' marker_id='marker-1' marker_title='x' marker_field='wpcf-property-address'][wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-properties-map"][/wpv-map-marker]</div>
        <div class="col-sm-4">[wpv-post-body view_template="outside-map-results"]</div>
	</wpv-loop>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-map-render]
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		<strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

Thank you for this.

I see that you are using this code below to display your results outside the map

However does the content template "outside-map-results" exist?

What happens if you just use this
<div class="col-sm-4">[wpv-post-body]</div>

Please let me know. Also you can provide me with admin access to the site so that I can have a more detailed look for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

I saw the issue now and it was because you had the closing [/wpv-map-render] tag wrapping around the entire area.

I've corrected this and it should be.

[wpv-layout-start]
    [wpv-items-found]
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" spiderfy="on"][/wpv-map-render]
    <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <wpv-loop>
       <div class="col-sm-8">[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-1' marker_id='marker-1' marker_title='x' marker_field='wpcf-property-address'][wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-properties-map"][/wpv-map-marker]</div>
    </wpv-loop>
    <!-- wpv-loop-end -->

[/wpv-items-found]
    [wpv-no-items-found]
        <strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]</strong>
    [/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane.

I see the results outside of the map, but I still can't achieve a 75%/25% row; map on the left and results on the right; as shown here: hidden link

-Charles

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

The issue was with how you formatted your items.

It should be ok now.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Thanks for your help. I got the View working and looking like I need it to with 2 exceptions:

1. As I zoom in on the map, the results do not refresh and only display the results in the new view. Similar to this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/use-map-to-update-or-filter-results-search-as-i-move-the-map/

2. Is it possible to have the correlating result from the list be highlighted when I click a marker? And have the marker be highlighted when I hover over a result from the list? As seen here: hidden link

Thank you,
Charles

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

"1. As I zoom in on the map, the results do not refresh and only display the results in the new view. Similar to this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/use-map-to-update-or-filter-results-search-as-i-move-the-map/"

Such a feature does not exist in toolset. Zooming in on the map does not filter the results. The only way to filter the results is by adding the search filters themselves to the view.

"2. Is it possible to have the correlating result from the list be highlighted when I click a marker? And have the marker be highlighted when I hover over a result from the list? As seen here: hidden link"

Unforuntately no this one is not possible to achieve either.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.