Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED attaches images to "Auto Draft" post with WP 4.74 & WooCOmmerce 3.0.4

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 22 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 6 années et 12 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Thomas,

I might not be replicating the issue correctly as i've tried this on my test site with the latest woocommerce and wordpress.

When I create a product on the backend and add a featured image and save the post. I then go to the Media button above the editor and then select the media editor to show images attached to this current post and I still get no results.

I did the same for a regular post and still got no results. Could you let me know the exact steps you did to see the list working on posts created on the backend.

Thanks,
Shane

Sure (I created another test form for you):

1) The issue occurs when I

- add a new product post via front end form provided on the page .../cred-testing/
- open the newly created product post in the WP admin
- open the product post's media uploader and filter for images attached to it

Result: no images attached (see latest product called "Product post test NEW").

2) The issue DOESN'T occur when I

- add a new REGULAR post via front end form provided on the page .../cred-testing-2/
- open the newly created regular post in the WP admin
- open the regular post's media uploader and filter for images attached to it

Result: images ARE successfully attached (see latest post called "Regular post test NEW").

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Check the product here wp-admin/post.php?post=23435&action=edit

This product was created purely through the backend and as you see i'm not able to see the attachments from media screen.

Thanks,
Shane

Do you actually upload new images? Not just select already existing ones from the WP media screen (which isn't actually supposed to attach images)?

Please try to use the Types fields to add/upload images directly from your desktop. When I just did that I successfully attached images - see: .../wp-admin/post.php?post=23436&action=edit

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

I now see the issue.

Would you mind providing me with a duplicator package of the website so that I can escalate this to our second tier supporters .

I will install the duplicator plugin and create the package from there.

Thanks,
Shane

Sure, go ahead and make a copy. To summarize:

1) What's happening:

- When creating new WooCommerce PRODUCTS via a CRED front end form, uploaded images are not attached to the product (but successfully added to the CRED upload fields)

- When creating REGULAR POSTS (or other custom post types) via a CRED front end form, uploaded images are successfully attached to the post.

- When creating new PRODUCTS or any other post type posts via the WP backend and WP Types meta box image upload fields, image attachment works just fine.

2) What I discovered (in the WP backend media page .../wp-admin/upload.php):

- When you upload images via a CRED form for adding PRODUCTS, they are attached to a post called "Auto Draft" (before form submission and after)

- When you upload a images via a CRED form for adding REGULAR POSTS, they are attached to a post called/looking like "CRED Auto Draft 891a31d472996dcef4aa8e0a50665fe3" (before form submission) and successfully attached to the newly created post after form submission.

3) My conclusion:

When adding images to a CRED front end form upload field for WooCommerce PRODUCTS, the step creating the interim "CRED Auto Draft 891a31d472996dcef4aa8e0a50665fe3" post for the post-attachment process of CRED is skipped.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

What I did was to go ahead and escalate your ticket to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging of this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

I've gotten word from our 2nd tier team that this issue has been fixed in our development version so there isn't anything else we can do right now but to wait until a release has been made 🙂

If there are no further queries you can proceed to marking this as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.