Skip Navigation

[Résolu] CRED attaches images to "Auto Draft" post with WP 4.74 & WooCOmmerce 3.0.4

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 22 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 6 années et 12 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

WooCommerce product images uploaded via CRED add forms aren't attached to the product post in question. They appear on the WP media page but are listed as attached to a post called "Auto Draft".

I tested it with a plain WP installation running CRED, WP 4.7.4 & WooCommerce 3.0.4. The form I use is set to add products with the status pending, the same problem happens when set to publish though.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Thomas

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you let me know when this issue started occuring.

Was it after the upgrade to woocommerce was performed?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, I think it started with WooCommerce 3.0. Before that, I haven't experienced similar problems.

It seems to work fine with other custom post types. Also, edit forms still seem to be able to manage WooCommerce product attachments.

I can provide a staging site for you with only the necessary plugins activated.

Cheers,
Thomas

More information:

On the WP media page (.../wp-admin/upload.php) images added to a CRED upload field are showing "Auto Draft" as parent item before submission (and after). This only happens for WooCommerce product posts though.

I have a form for another custom post type where uploaded images (before form submission) have a parent item looking like this "CRED Auto Draft 891a31d472996dcef4aa8e0a50665fe3" on the WP media page. Once the form is submitted the images are attached to the post in questions as intended.

So it seems the images not attaching problem is isolated to the WooCommerce product custom post type.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

I'll enable the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the credentials, however when I tried they dont seem to work.

Could you check on this and let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi there,

Can you please try again? I just checked/reset the credentials to the ones added here.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Still does not work.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry, I just realized I missed a character for the password - credentials here in the private support section are now updated!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Thanks I was able to log in and test this now.

I'm not seeing an issue actually. The product was created and the image was attached without any issue and i'm not seeing any auto draft post.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

I checked your product post and it actually shows exactly the issue I described:

The images are added to the WP Types image upload fields, BUT NOT actually attached to the post. Please have a look at the media attached to the post in the edit post media upload popup (there none...).

And when you open the general WP media uploader (.../wp-admin/upload.php) you can see that the images you just uploaded are attached to a "Auto Draft" post (but not the actual product post you created with that images).

Does that clarify things?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the issue as i'm not seeing the problem 🙁

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

PS: Can you please make my last reply and the screenshots private again? Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

I see the issue here and it is not a problem with our toolset plugins. I Tried adding the post manually through the backend and then attaching a featured image and then save and this issue is still present.

The issue also occurs on a regular post as well so this seems to be a bug in wordpress and as such we are not able to do anything really about this.

Thanks,
Shane

It does work when you add any OTHER post type than product via form. CRED does successfully attach images, it's an official feature.

Important:

1) the backend image upload works fine, even for products, only adding an image via CRED forms doesn't work.

2) please set my reply with the screenshot to private.

3) please just try one of your staging sites for regular posts, you will see that CRED form successfully attach images to posts.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.