Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Child posts are given the same permalink as parent

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luo Yang Il y a 8 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

There has been a glitch on this client site for a while and I'm hoping you can help me to put it right:

A CPT called 'Related Images' was created and is the child of numerous other posts types including 'posts'.
It is used to display a grid or slide of images for that post on the page.

However, when we go to edit the parent post, it seems to give all its child posts the same permalink as the parent. The result of this means that when going to the parent post, a 404 error occurs. I have made a video to show you what I mean:

hidden link

In this video you will see that the post is given the permalink /news/insulation-boards
- I then scroll down the edit pane to the section containing its related images to show you them.
- I then scroll back up and highlight the message at the top which says "The following posts have the same permalink as this page".
- I then open one of the conflicting posts - a related image and highlight the permalink. It is indeed the same as the parent post.

Its quite a serious problem, and is preventing my client from displaying vital pages on their site.
Is there a solution or workaround for this please?

Thank you
Tim

Dear Tim,

I can not duplicate same problem, see the test site:
hidden link
user/pass: xgren/111111

I suggest you try this:
Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default them and test again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.