Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Changing Images in Types Image Field keeps previous image atteched to post

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by peterS-14 Il y a 3 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Hi Toolset Team

I added a Types image field to a custom post type, which all works great.

But then on exporting the posts with all the custom fields, I noticed that in some cases the posts had multiple images as attachments.

On a closer look I noticed that this only happens when I change or updated an existing image. The more I change the image, the longer the list grows.

Example: "Image One" gets updated with "Image Two" then both show as attached to the same post.

Of course, after I found out, I could detach/remove the old attached images manually via the Media Library, but with a few hundred or even thousands of images, this could turn into a tedious task.

I think it would be great if on update/change of an image the existing image would be automatically detached.

What happens, is that this can lead to conflicts and issues in some Import / Export / Migration scenarios. At least there it was when I noticed this behavior.

Any hints are very welcome

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I just created a test site with Types plugin and created Movie post type which have movie-pic as custom image field.

Then I try to add the first post for movie post type and try to add the image, at this time as this is brand new WP install, I uploaded the 5 images and then selected the 1 of them for my custom image field movie-pic and when I see the post meta table, I can see the correct image is assigned to post meta key wpcf-movie-key.

But when I see the post table and filter the post table with the post ID (for example: 9) and post type equal to attachment, I can see 5 entries as I uploaded 5 images.

We can not delete the attachment post as the uploaded images can be used by others. Please let me know if I misunderstood anything here.

Hi Minesh

Thanks for your reply and testing this issue.

It looks like it's just another fundamental flaw in the WordPress Concept, but after all - its still just a blogging System - patched with so much BandAid around that it is about to become a mummy ... 😉

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.