Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Change the Latest Post layout

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 18 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Jamal Il y a 2 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications
Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 9.13.20 AM.png

Dear Minesh,

I don't have such issue for this at this moment, I can't implement this so I use a stupid way to do first. You can visit the page hidden link , you should find there are two sections, upper is grid layout showing the first 4 posts and lower showing the next 5 posts with pagination.

Currently I manually make the page for different category individually, I just want to make it more dynamic and I just only call a shortcode with passing the category and then it can render the result.

I attached one of the pages layout view for your reference.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Kelvin,

I am sorry, but I got confused after reading your last messages and Minesh's messages.

Is this about archives? I mean taxonomy archives, where each term has its own archive?
The last URL you have shared is a regular page, and is not an archive hidden link

You are looking to add the view with a shortcode, so you don't need to build several views, right? What do you want to pass to the view? A term?
Can you share the URLs where do you want to use this view? The URLs will give me more context(is it a page, an archive, etc.)

Dear Jamal,

Actually, this is a normal page but list the post for different category which look like an archive

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Awesome, now I understand better.

Please note that we have a known issue where blocks-based views do not enqueue their styles where they are being used using a shortcode:

[wpv-view name="name or slug of the view"]

So, even if we pass the taxonomy term to it as a shortcode attribute, the design might be lost:

[wpv-view name="name or slug of the view" term="[a-shortcode-to-return-the-term]"]

Which let us two options:
- Build the view with the legacy editor. This will enqueue its styles with it.
- Build the view with the blocks editor, and programmatically hook into its query filter argument and add the taxonomy term query. This will need custom code, and will require a way to know which term to use for each page. This can be done using a custom field on pages, or by assigning the same taxonomy to pages, and then assigning to each page the term that we want to use.
Does it make sense?
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_query

Let me know if you have any questions about any of these two possible solutions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.