Skip Navigation

[Résolu] change site to use Layouts

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by rodneyM Il y a 6 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I am not an experienced programmer but have built a very successful site about 4 years ago. I am using FlexForm theme with Toolset to control a parent and 2 child relationships, I would like to change the site to use Layouts but as the site is permanently live I don't want to make mistakes. The site has an SSl certificate. I have tried unsuccessfully to try and setup a development site on my own computer, transferring the wordpress files and the database but no matter what I tried to do it failed.
Would you have any advice on how to either setup a dev site on either my own computer or my website server. I use Apple.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - We offer detailed Doc about how you can migrate your site from one server to another.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/

Thanks for that, Unfortunately Duplicator or indeed Duplicator Pro do not work on my domain server.
I assume then the only way is to do it manually but still unclear all the procedures.
Again any assistance would be welcome

Hello,

Minesh is on the holiday, he is not available currently and you will get the answer when he is back on Monday.

In the document:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/#manual-migration-of-the-wordpress-site
section "Manual migration of the WordPress site", there is detail steps for migration manually.

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please try to follow the instructions given by the Luo here:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/change-site-to-use-layouts/#post-610066

Does that help?

While I haven't resolved my issue as I am not confident in doing the manual transition you can close the tread and I will investigate another way with my service provider.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - we can close it here then. Could you please close it.

you can close this thread

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.