Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] is it possible to replace taxonomy content

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Artikel

Hi, I have child posts with a taxonomy that I need to update/replace the content. To achieve this I've been deleting all the child posts, and also the content of the taxonomy that I need to replace and then reloading all the child posts, with the updated taxonomy and finally loading the associations to connect the child posts to their parents. I'm using this free CSV Importer plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/csv-importer/ - this whole process is quite time consuming, is there a better method?
Is it possible to just upload the taxonomy content I want to replace, if so what do I need to include in the csv file, is there any documentation on how to do this.?
Thanks for any help

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When you say "update/replace the content of the taxonomy", do you mean you need to update the taxonomy term titles/slugs or do you need to detach the existing terms and assign new ones to the posts?

If you could share some background information around why you frequently need to update this taxonomy content, I'll be in a better position to share some pointers.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
Thanks for your reply.
I "need to detach the existing terms and assign new ones to the posts".
The data is changing alot 'cause we're trying to finalize the lists (which are based on the taxonomy) that appear on the site, and it's only when viewing the lists on the site that we can see what's missing and what needs changing.
Thanks for your help

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for confirming and I understand that we've discussed this on a different ticket, recently.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/import-taxonomy-terms/ )

This isn't exactly related to Toolset plugin features and concerns the general import/export of data in WordPress.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas, but I'll recommend posting this question in the WordPress support forum, where other users may be able to share their personal experiences and suggestions:
https://wordpress.org/support/forums/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.