Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] imported posts are very slow to load

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 7 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by aaronM-9 vor 2 Jahre, 7 Monate.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Artikel

I'm trying to import posts as part of a website migration and after running my first import, whenever I open a post to edit it, it goes painstakingly slow and the Toolset recurring field groups seem to take FOREVER to load. I'm not sure if it's importing correctly or not. I tried deleting all the relationships from the database to see if that would clear the issue but the recurring field groups are still taking forever to load.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

The chat was disconnecting and I wonder if you received my last message. I have the copy and the CSV file, I just need to know what post type are you importing?

Hi Jamal,

Not sure why the chat disconnected on us. These are "posts". Thanks.

- Aaron

Hi Jamal,

To update you, I just tried the following:

1) Re-ran import, so all 130 posts now have their recurring fields populated again.
2) Website keeps crashing whenever I open a post to edit.
3) Disabled all plugins and reverted to twenty-nineteen theme.
4) Posts open just fine in the editor.
5) Reactivated Toolset Types and Toolset Blocks
6) Website crashing again whenever editing a post.

Thanks for any continued support. Eager to get this resolved.

- Aaron

Hi Jamal,

To update you, I performed the following:

1) Re-imported all 130 posts so their recurring post fields are now populated again.
2) Tried opening a post in the editor and WordPress crashes.
3) Deactivated all plugins and reverted to Twenty Nineteen.
4) Posts open in editor quickly and without issue.
5) Reactivated Toolset Types and Blocks.
6) Site crashes when opening posts again.

Any continued support would be much appreciated. Eager to get this resolved. Please note I may have to re-issue you login credentials since I've pushed a fresh copy of the database.

- Aaron

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Französisch (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Aaron and my apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Wednesdays and Thursdays as you may check on my profile page https://toolset.com/forums/users/jamal-b/

I tried to run the import but it did not succeed because of some errors, so I configured another import based on the existing one and I run it without any errors, but it just gave the same results as you. The post edit screen keeps loading and the repeatable field groups are not linked, and they do not display any data.

On our documentation, the only article about importing field groups is available for a different plugin(CSV Importer) https://toolset.com/course-lesson/importing-repeatable-field-groups-when-using-the-csv-importer-plugin/

So, I searched our forum for any previous cases, and I only could find one case where the user has resolved the issue. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/repeatable-group-set-up-and-import-data-via-wp-all-import/#post-1860539

The RFGs are treated like a child post in a one-to-many relationship. The main post is the parent, and each RFG is a child post. The child post type matches the RFG slug, and the post-relationship slug also matches the RFG slug. So, I would suggest treating this import as a one-to-many relationship. Please try the procedure on this article (Example 2) https://toolset.com/course-lesson/import-posts-from-csv-with-relationships-using-wp-all-import/#example-2-one-to-many-relationships

Check this article for additional information on how to import relationships https://toolset.com/course-lesson/importing-content-from-csv-with-post-relationships/

I hope this will help you complete the import. If it does not, I recommend asking the WP All Import support team for assistance. We remain at your disposal if you need any further assistance.

I ended up changing hosting providers entirely because I was experiencing too many issues with several of my WordPress plugins, including Toolset. For reference, the provider is Pantheon and they have an entire page dedicated to all the plugins that don't work quite right on their platform. Toolset is not on there but I have strong feeling this is the reason we were running into so many issues. Once switching to LiquidWeb, all my problems went away.

Thanks anyways for the support.

- Aaron

I ended up switching hosting providers because a number of the plugins I was trying to use were not working as expected. For reference, the provider is Pantheon and they have an entire page dedicated to all the plugins that don't function properly on their platform. Toolset is not on that list, but I have a strong feeling this is the reason we were having so many issues (this support ticket was not the only one). Once I switched to LiquidWeb, all the problems went away. Thanks anyways for the support!

- Aaron

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.