Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] import taxonomy terms

This support ticket is created vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Stimmen.

Last updated by davidm-13 vor 2 Jahre, 10 Monate.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Artikel

I have a flat file taxonomy, containing about 750 terms, I wish to replace all the terms.

I was looking at this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/import-terms-to-custom-taxonomy/ from Christian Cox

It suggests creating a post with a comma separated list - but 750 terms may be a bit long!

Is this still the suggested method, is there an alternative method, is there any documentation

Thanks for any help

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To import the terms in your taxonomy(s), there are a number of third-party import plugins which can accept the data in CSV or XML format. For example, you can check out the ImportWP plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/jc-importer/ ).

I've tested its free version on my website and it supports this type of import and with a really easy-to-use interface.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Yes definitely still need help.
I was having other issues with Toolset plugins which Shane sorted out for me.
The ImportWP plugin you suggested, is not working - I'm in contact with the plugin author, but so far no progress.
Are there any Code snippets for updating taxonomy terms or other plugins you can suggest? II would really help if I could update individual taxonomies without reloading all the posts each time I need to change an individual taxonomy.
Any help much appreciated

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update.

I've performed some search online, but I'm afraid I couldn't find any code snippet or third-party plugin for this.

Since you have a large number of terms and a very specific requirement, I'll recommend consulting one of our recommended contractors, to see if they can custom develop some code snippet or interface:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

Thanks Waqar, I'll wait and see if the ImportWP problem gets sorted.
Thanks for your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.