Skip Navigation

[Gelöst] Displaying current Category Name and going to a specific Category via URL

This support ticket is created vor 4 Jahre, 6 Monate. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im Werkzeugsatz-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
Artikel

Hi There! I'm trying to add a title next to the frontend dropdown filter to display the currently selected category name.

The other thing I'm trying to accomplish is the ability to add different links to the page that will display this View where each one will select different categories via the URL.
So the page is going to be, for example, mysite.com/news, and I'd love to be able to add links to specific categories with a URL such as mysite.com/news#lateststories or mysite.com/news#factsheets

Do you know if either of these functions are possible?

The view I'm working on can be seen at: versteckter Link

Thank you so much!

Minesh
Supporter

Sprachen: Englisch (English )

Zeitzone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Its still not clear from your request what exactly you want to achieve.

Do you mean that, with the following link: versteckter Link
- if you select the option "News Mentions", just besides the dropdown select you want to display the text News Mentions"?

Hi Minesh,
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

And the other thing I'm trying to do is create links to the page that would automatically select a certain category to be displayed.

Thanks for your help!

Minesh
Supporter

Do you mean that, with the following link: versteckter Link
- if you select the option "News Mentions", just besides the dropdown select you want to display the text News Mentions"?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.
==>
Ok - there is no such feature available to display the selected text but maybe you can add the custom JS code to your view's JS box.

The following link may help you:
=> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11179406/jquery-get-value-of-select-onchange
=> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12750307/jquery-select-change-event-get-selected-option/12750327

And the other thing I'm trying to do is create links to the page that would automatically select a certain category to be displayed.
=>
Do you mean that you want to display the selected option "News Mentions" as link - means, you want to display the taxonomy archive for the selected term?

Thanks for your help, I'll look into the provided links.

And to clarify, I'd like to add links to my menu that will lead to the page where I'm displaying this View, and I'd like those links to also select what Category is being displayed in the view (a link for New Mentions, a link for Latest Stories, etc.).
If I just add a link to the Post Category Archive, they won't see the other content I'm going to add to the page the view will be displayed in and won't be able to change the selected category without leaving the page.

I appreciate it!
- Luigi

Minesh
Supporter

And to clarify, I'd like to add links to my menu that will lead to the page where I'm displaying this View, and I'd like those links to also select what Category is being displayed in the view (a link for New Mentions, a link for Latest Stories, etc.).
==>
As I understand, you want to add links to menu where if you select the menu link "New Mentions", it should automatically select the "New Mentions" option from select dropdown and display the filtered results - correct? If yes:
- again, sorry to say, there is no such option. Maybe it will be easier for you if you set you view to filter with URL param.

For example:
You should contruct your menu links with URL param for each category, for example:
- versteckter Link

That's it!
The URL Parameter ?wpv-category= followed by the slug does exactly what I was hoping to do.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Dieses Ticket ist jetzt geschlossen. Wenn Sie ein Toolset Kunde sind und Hilfe benötigen, eröffnen Sie bitte ein neues Support-Ticket.