Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Remove toolbar buttons from WYSIWYG CRED Field

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I would like to remove most of the toolbar buttons from a CRED WYSIWYG field, but I would like to keep bold, italic, list, align and link.

Solution:
You can apply custom CSS to hide each element. Check in the browser inspector to find the appropriate CSS classes for these elements, then set the display attribute to "none":

#mceu_5, #mceu_6, #mceu_7, #mceu_8, #mceu_9, #mceu_10, #mceu_11, #mceu_12, #mceu_28 {
  display: none;
}
This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Justin Il y a 6 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I would like an option to just remove certain elements on the WYSIWYG toolbar so it is simplified.
I just want, Bold, Italic, List, Align, Link.
And remove everything else. Possible?

hidden link

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 4.14.57 PM.png

I think you could accomplish this with custom CSS. Each tinyMCE editor block uses unique CSS id's, so you should be able to write some CSS that hides individual buttons or entire toolbars. I'm attaching a screenshot showing the browser inspector on a CRED form.

In my example, you could add the following CSS to the CRED form's CSS panel:

#mceu_5, #mceu_6, #mceu_7, #mceu_8, #mceu_9, #mceu_10, #mceu_11, #mceu_12, #mceu_28 {
  display: none;
}

Your form element IDs may be different, but the technique will remain the same.

Ok great, will give that a try.
Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.