Skip Navigation

[Résolu] [wpv-current-user format="profile_picture"] not working

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
Display profile picture of current user and a short personal message.

Solution:
Use this shortcode for Profile picture along with Size and Shape:

[wpv-user field="profile_picture" size="300" shape="square"]

In View: using “Fields and Views” button you can also add this >> its located under User Data >> Profile Picture.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-user

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Noman Il y a 6 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Noman.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:
Welcome the current user with his profile picture and a short personal message.

I used [wpv-current-user]
Attribute "info" is working as expected, but attribute format always returns the fullname ???

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
Login: maxmustermann // maxmustermann

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mirko,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. Please use this shortcode for Profile picture, this one is much better to use. I have tested and this one works good:

[wpv-user field="profile_picture"]

I will check the other shortcode, Thank you

Thank you for your reply, but ...

... this only works if I put it directly in a code- or text-module of the page, does not work in a view.
... "profile-picture-size" and "profile-picture-shape" aren't working with this.

Noman
Supporter

This shortcode works for me in View. But the attributes have changed, I have just checked, for the size and shape the correct attributes that Views provide is like:

[wpv-user field="profile_picture" size="300" shape="square"]

Please try above shortcode, I believe this was changed recently but our doc for this shortcode is not updated. I have informed our Doc team to update it asap. Thank you for reporting this issue:

Using “Fields and Views” button you can also add this >> its located under User Data >> Profile Picture.
There you will have all options and input boxes to fill required attributes from interface. This way you will always get updated attributes while inserting this field.

Thank you

Thank you for this answer. Now I've got it like I wanted it.
And thank you for the hint with "Fields and Views" - didn't recognize the user-fields there, just looked for my custom views. Sometimes we are too blind to see the easiest solution.

Noman
Supporter

Just adding the note here, we have updated the needed shortcode doc related to this:

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.