Skip Navigation

[Résolu] View not showing new posts when website is visited, unless manually reloaded

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 5 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

Support,

My View is not showing new posts when my website is visited, unless I manually refresh the page. I'm only using one View, one the Home Page. I've noticed this glitch on desktop and mobile. Is there a setting I have to change in the view for new posts to automatically show?

Thanks,
Charles

Hi, normally Views are updated automatically when new content is added to the site, but sometimes caching systems can cause a delay before new content appears. You can disable Views caching by adding the cached="off" attribute to a View shortcode, like this:

[wpv-view name="Your View Name" cached="off"]

However, there may be other caching systems in place on your server or in other plugins. If the cached="off" attribute does not solve the problem, please include your site's debug information in your next reply so I can see the configurations on your site. We have an article with information about how to get your site's debug information: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

I added your snippet, but I think it might be SG Optimize plugin or Cloudflare causing the problem.

Thanks,
Charles

Okay the next step in troubleshooting is to temporarily switch to the parent Astra theme and deactivate all caching systems and plugins except Types and Views. Then retest. If the problem is resolved, reactivate caching, other plugins and your child theme, one by one until the problem returns. If the problem was not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look.

I'm not sure how to test this because now some posts are showing when published and then I visit the site on desktop and not working on mobile and vise versa.

Thanks,
Charles

I think it might be cloudflare. CF is set to 4hr expiration. Should I adjust that?

Turn it off to test if possible, or if not, purge the cache and select the lowest possible expiration on the posts or pages you are testing. Then you can adjust the expiration time later once things seem to be working as expected.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.